Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lily ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 09:23PM

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a31147339/deathsealingsdivorce

Just a thread on BBC about who they will be with in the afterlife if there has been divorce/death/resealing, etc.

I almost feel bad for them. It's like watching a 3 year old trying to put together puzzle pieces from 3 different puzzles. It's never gonna fit, no matter how you rotate it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 09:28PM

You should see my mom try to put the pieces together, considering my dad is non-LDS. Or one of my SIL's who married a widower. Or anyone who has any situation other than the traditional Dad, Mom and 4-8 children, all temple married to the same spouse for their whole lives and active in the church.

In other words, almost everyone has something to worry about under the Mormon Plan of Happiness.

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 09:30PM

It's sad people spend time worrying about things like this... all to find out later that none of it was worth worrying about.

Posted by: alight ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 10:14PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 10:19PM

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:29AM

Oh my God, I'm not THAT bored!

I would rather read through the comment section of a Star Trek board about how the timeline of the new movie fits in with the timeline of the original movies--I mean, is Spock's mother really dead? Because if she is, then how come...you know...

Posted by: IDon'tCare ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:59PM

A new Star Trek movie?

I am so there!

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:33AM

My grandpa and grandma divorced after 30+ years of marriage. My grandpa remarries and remains happily married for another 20+ years before he passes away.

So, what happens, well he gets dead dunked a year after he passes and he is then sealed to his second wife, my dad's mom, for time and all eternity.

I ask, what about Grandma _______? I mean, grandpa loved her until the day he died. Or what about his first wife?

"It will all be sorted out in the after life."

What a load of shit.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:34AM

oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 11:35AM by nickerickson.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:43AM

Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:44AM

that the whole conversation is one big circle. No answers; just one big wheel of circular reasoning. Two things stick out as being major issues: some people in the CK will be able to visit their relatives but their relatives won't be able to visit them (is this REALLY a problem?), AND no one is sure WHAT being 'sealed' actually means.

Posted by: NYNeverMo ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 12:30PM

Wow...it hurt my head to read their explanations; I can't imagine sitting down and writing something so convoluted with such conviction and not feeling like a moron...

How do Mormons reconcile that Jesus Christ said that there is no marriage in heaven? How do they skip over such a vital and really clearly stated doctrine. Scripture is usually unclear and subject to interpretation, but in this case, JC pretty much said it right out.

It's like divorced people stating that gay marriage is against the bible, when in actuality Jesus specifically said that divorce is forbidden.... Jesus spoke in parables, for the most part, but at least these two dictums were spilled out pretty clearly.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 06:34PM

NYNeverMo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> How do Mormons reconcile that Jesus Christ said
> that there is no marriage in heaven? How do they
> skip over such a vital and really clearly stated
> doctrine. Scripture is usually unclear and subject
> to interpretation, but in this case, JC pretty
> much said it right out.
>
>I asked the Dallas temple president that question. He said (wait for it....). This is one example of a Biblical mistranslation. What The Saviour REALLY said is there are no WEDDINGS in heaven, which is why it is so important to have these sacred ordinances performed on earth. Honest. He really said that. With a straight face.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 07:37PM

> >I asked the Dallas temple president that
> question. He said (wait for it....). This is one
> example of a Biblical mistranslation. What The
> Saviour REALLY said is there are no WEDDINGS in
> heaven, which is why it is so important to have
> these sacred ordinances performed on earth.
> Honest. He really said that. With a straight face.

Yes, this is what I was taught in the seventies onward in LDSCorp. Like baptism, marriage (LDS sealing) is strictly an earthly ordinance, but the sealing persists in eternity.

This is why the holy temples on earth will be so busy in the millennium, doncha know.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 11:53PM

What I want to know is how are these gods each going to be ruling over their own planet when they are all sealed together? Are you going to remain sealed together? Or rule your own planet? Planets are not that close together, DUH! And if JS is guarding the gates of the highest degree of heaven, I sure as hell don't want to go there. I would rather not be with criminals/con artists/child molesters.
Has anyone else ever thought about how inconvenient it is for the earth god to rule over earth from the Kolob star system? Wouldn't it be more convenient and save lots of energy to rule over the planet you are near? Unless Hubble finds Kolob right away, it is far.........too far for proper ruling.
Southern Utah is filled with business named Kolob like Kolob Roofing, Kolob Drywall etc. PLEEEZE!! GAG!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 11:57PM by enoughenoch19.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 07:26PM

enoughenoch19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone else ever thought about how inconvenient it is for the earth god to rule over earth from the Kolob star system?

For real. As Steve Benson said, he doesn't visit. He doesn't call. lol

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 07:42PM

Oh no, with the magical priesthood divine powers, god can travel instantly anywhere he likes in the universe. So, distance not a problem.

Plus, he lives on a planet of glory like a sea of glass, thru which all things are revealed, and holds a white stone of power, so he can know all things on earth at a glance.

Actual scriptural, doctrinal teachings, btw...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 12:08AM

A great example of how the one true church has no idea. Default to : that will be sorted out in the next life.

What good is the one true church if they can't even solve their own man made riddles?

Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 06:49PM

Reminds me of the "Who's on First?" sketch.

And people say Facebook is a waste of time!!!!

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 08:06PM

My DM talked to me about this after the death of my DF. The background is, Mom and Dad married in temple. Divorce but still sealed. Dad excommunicated. Dad rebabtized. Dad second marriage. Dad dies. Mom hate second wife.
Mom was so happy that second wife wasn't LDS and second marriage wasn't sealed so they wouldn't be sister wives.
In a moment I am not completely proud of I reminded her that 2nd wife would likely be babtized and ordained after death and second marriage which was done by a bishop would likely also be done after death, so they are going to be sister wives. I suggested she should pray about it so that Heavenly Father could give her comfort and allow her to accept his heavenly plan.
As for me I reminded her I didn't believe any of that so I don't really care :)
As I said not one of my better moments.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.