Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 11:28PM

I was reading a FB post about how some study (don't know how reliable or valid) showed 43% of Americans believe that God helps Tim Tebow.

Everyone, many TBMs included were making the expected sarcastic remarks.

But how is praying for a touchdown any more ridiculous than praying for a dying relative or any other crisis?

If you were a god, wouldn't you just let your decisions happen based on your infinite wisdom and love? Why would you alter something just because of the number of people making a plea?

If I pray now (which I rarely do because I'm agnostic and flirting with atheism), I just say "thank you". Thats it.

Its mainly just for me to get my thoughts and feelings aligned with what I'm experiencing and to improve my acceptance of things I have no power over.

What do y'all think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 12:26AM

Firstly love thy self. ITs about you in a non egotistical loving self... Relegion can teach its nothing about us grovling sinners but all about giving the glory to god.

If we feel like shit, our prayers want work anyway.
fear, guilt etc fuck it all up and fucks up faith..

Have faith in a divine self, pray to self, and if that is it or a god above self seperate, he is more likely to hear a prayer as then nothing wavering..

fix ourselfs up, void ourselfs of wanting and greed, pride and arrogance tho find the true self, humble submissive and respect it even in nakedness and intimate sexual splendor on our hands and knees or lieing in bed feeling grateful that we are human with wonderful passions, that god does not look apon as discusting but the very energy of the gods..

I know this is not based apon the word of god as our feelings and passions is deceptive, and its nothing about us, but from experience it doesnt work to deny ourselfs or loose ourselfs when all we need to loose is the ego, not the higher self..

pray to the higher self if choose not to pray to a seperate god from the self. But kill the ego..to get results.

Larry...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.