Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mac ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 05:06PM

I'm about to make a 16 hour round trip visit to Utah and was curious if anyone had a good Audio Book, preferrably about the Early Church History or Joseph Smith; or something along the lines of the God Delusion that won't put me to sleep... Just looking for suggestions, hopefully there isn't a thread already about this :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 05:52PM

I heartily recommend The Accidental Terrorist by William Shunn. It's available for free, read by the author, in 60 mp3 episodes at http://www.shunn.net/accident.xml

Shunn is an ex-Mormon who has the funniest true mission story I've ever heard. He intersperses his adventures with the parallel adventures of Joseph Smith. I think the total time for the audio book is about 15 hours or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 05:54PM by oddcouplet.

Posted by: Nobody ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 08:56PM

I didn't know that was available on audio book! That is a hilarious story! Love it! Not so much about the early church, but good stuff.

(I posted here a couple of years ago when my daughter's boyfriend was getting ready to leave on his mission. We are not Mormon. My daughter and I cracked up over this story. BTW - he sent her a dear Jane letter way back when, and now that the time is coming closer to him returning, he sent her a Christmas gift...weird.)

Posted by: mac ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 12:42AM

Awesome I'll check it out!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.