Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pharrell ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 05:37PM

And really all he said is that I am trying to convince myself the church isn't true, and that I'm not a happy person. That's a lot of assuming considerIng we have talked maybe 3 times in 4 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 06:51PM

So this friend is very judgemental, huh? I would continue to show him how very happy you truly are and leave it at that.

Posted by: pharrell ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 08:05PM

The funny thing is that since I left, I can honestly say I am happier.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 06:54PM

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 07:17PM

Um No, I got tired of continually trying to convince myself it was true despite the mountain range of evidence.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 08:28PM

which is what is required to keep your brain's BS detector from going ballistic when presented with the claims made by Mormonism.

Once you accept that it is a man made organization that started as a con job, all those insoluble problems that you kept so carefully sequestered on "the shelf" now have really simple explanations.

BOA - con job. Science contradicts JS's claims about the BoA because JS made all his claims up.

BoM - con job. It doesn't match archeology because it is made up.

Mark Hofmann - GBH has no inspiration - he was the victim of a con job, as opposed to the perpetrator, for a change.

Black males and the priesthood - man made organization holding onto 19th century racism until a changing society finally forced them to change.

All the other items on the shelf have equally simple explanations. It is such a relief to not have to make all that nonsense appear sensible.

Leaving Mormonism allows one's brain to revert to normal. That made me a happier person, and I had lots more time to deal with and think about stuff that actually mattered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 08:32PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 09:10PM

Of course, 'cause it can't possibly be that the Church is actually not true. Nooooo. There must be something wrong with us.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:36PM

believe it and actually hope for bad things to happen to you.

Many of my neighbors--when I got back together with my nonmo boyfriend 28 years after I told him I wouldn't marry him, they were all just waiting and waiting for the relationship to fail. Today is our 7th anniversary.

But you think they think we are happy? That any of our family is happy? They really are just waiting for bad things to happen to us.

Posted by: imgivingup ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 08:11AM

...Turn otherwise good people into rotten self-righteous ba$tards.

Hoping for evil to fall on someone is not a character attribute of a good person. The Morg though. seems to relish in it.
(Funamentalist Christians are the same way.)

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 07:07AM

pharrell 'That's uncanny'
friend of pharrell 'What is?'
pharrell 'People who don't even know you predicted you'd say that...'

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.