Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: druid ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 05:49PM

Redwoods...I intend to decorate with more redwoods also maybe throw in a few more fiords....Might have to do a little better job controlling invasive species, unlike some gods I could mention. Oh, I'd have to be just a bit more responsible with tsunami, earthquakes, hurricane and famine and such... you know ...,just so I could sleep at night.

Would n't do the whole atonment thing. I intend to have instant punishment for attempted rape and murder- wouldn't let it actually happen. Just zap the attempting perp. Surely with in a gods power.

Think I'd socialize more also. Get down and mingle with the crowds alittle more. The whole faith thing seems pointless when you could make frequent public apperances.

Probably stick with hunter-wander-gather populations. Multi- million people cities were poorly thought out on our present planet, in my opinion.

I suspect we might see some interesting worlds once we break free of you know who ( controlling super sky daddy)... Get out on some galaxy far far away....

What would your planet be like?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 05:54PM

If you're going to stick with hunter/wander/gather populations, be sure to provide your children with plenty of good wild grapes, honey, barley, etc. so they don't have to build population centers around growing their booze ingredients.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 05:57PM

No people on mine, just lots of dogs. I'll have lots of fenced yards with the gates intentionally left open (tho they won't know it's intentional) so they can slip out and run around free, thinking they're pulling something over on the nonexistant people.

Date: January 15, 2012 06:07PM

Make them all-round better able to handle booze. I mean was it really necessary have to have wife beating and mean drunks? Not on my Planet.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 06:16PM

Date: January 16, 2012 11:44AM

Big California "Thousand Oaks" kind of Oaks.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 06:44PM

My planet will have no continents, but will have great storms circling the poles continually, sending giant swells from north and south to a continuous equatorial archipelago, where the swells will encounter perfectly sculpted reefs and sandbars to form perfect surf.

Tuberides, anyone?

And of course, lots of fish and fruits and roots to hand, to fuel the constant post-surf partying.

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 06:48PM

and most people don't even eat healthily. Some 'gods'!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 07:10PM

I like Phillip Jose Farmer's "Riverworld" a ten million mile long river. Everyone who's ever lived is there. Every day food and drinks are supplied by "grail stones" which seem to be some kind of matter creators. The land along the river is a narrow strip bordered by impassible mountains. It was a short story first, and then a series of novels.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 11:42AM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 07:10PM

Oh, I was just talking about this on another post. I should have put it here. It's mostly about what's not on my planet. That being extreme temperatures, natural disasters and plagues, etc. I mean really. What a way to treat those poor little creatures that you've created.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 07:12PM

I used to dream about thios when I was a little girl- I wanted to build a planet with mermaids, centaurs, dryads, dragons.....I really loved fantasy and mythology. Maybe make it colourful like Etheria, She-Ra's planet. :)

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 07:28PM

I would give the greatest commandment " Don't be an asshole." I wouldn't require or expect them to worship me. I would visit often and perform many wonderous party tricks. Out of wine? Blam-O! Water is wine. I would be the best God ever.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 07:51PM

Talking animals! What a dream. Especially cats - our cat is strange, I'd like to have a deep discussion with him, for example why he thinks a plain boring shortish cord is interesting. He talks a lot and it's frustrating not to understand.

A little real magic wouldn't hurt. It would be wondrous and exciting.

No effing meetings. At least with no specific purpose. No regular meetings at certain times just because. No ugly landscapes. Everything would look either beautiful or otherwise awesome.

OK the main thing I'd do differently is that if and when people decide to start a family, they won't be able to _not_ love each other and the children. Love would be a natural, easy feeling.

Otherwise I think the scenario from the thread starter sounds very nice.

Date: January 15, 2012 10:24PM

I checked out part of the movie on Netflix that Don recommended. Kind of interesting....

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 10:53PM

I agree, druid, with "Kind of interesting..." No one's done a really good job with adapting the stories to film yet. Try leading at least the eponymously titled short story, if you can find it.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 10:25PM

Domestic Dinosaurs! I want to ride one like Jesus did!

Posted by: blackholesun ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:49PM

When a third of my spirit children rebel I'm not just going to cast them out as disembodied spirits. No, they are going to get bodies all right: orcs, zombies, vampires, chupacabras, all kinds of monsters. There will be no wimpy 'prayer warriors' or 'spiritual warfare' in my world. The battle between good and evil is going to get a little physical. Evil Dead for real.

I'll make myself some celestial kettle corn, get my urim & thummim remote, and enjoy the show (don't worry, everyone makes to heaven in the end for being such good sports)

Date: January 16, 2012 11:47AM

Date: January 16, 2012 12:15PM

Yeah, multiple lives.Gender selection. A little reflection time on the bench between lives in a nice place until you feel ready to get back in the game. Perhaps even "god forbid" a bit of counseling and an IEP ( individual emotional growth plan) that you could remember. A little job shadowing before you pop out. And lets make delivery less tramatic- near orgasmic for the mother and happy giggles for the baby. Lets cut gestation to about 6 weeks while we are at it. No stretch marks (I have heard complaints and I am just a mortal)

It seems almost anyone of us could have done a better job...almost like this all happened without alot of thought.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 12:12AM

The first thing I would do is hit the delete button on the narcissists.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 12:29AM

Me, and a very large number of women, none of whom are my children, nor are any of them internally pregnant.

Posted by: greekgod ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:17AM

First I'd create a planet just like this, letting microbial life propagate and evolve into whatever the hell it wanted to (but it will be slightly bigger, more tropical and jungle-like and have rings. Yeah baby, rings).

Then, I'd take the weirdest, most bizarre looking animal (probably an octopus-like creature) and evolve it further to have greater-than-human intelligence. These things will be geniuses.

I'd watch in amusement and wonder as they built strange, tentacled temples that sprawled across the vast ocean floors.

I'd also create an opposition. Maybe a pterodactyl-type race that was more savage and brutal in their approach to life. They'd live in volcanic/mountainous areas while the tentacle creatures, having developed extensive technology underwater unbeknownst to the winged warriors, would begin to emerge, taking refuge in tropical regions.

A war would ensue as the spreading tentacled race, having conquered the ocean in the billions, began to expand and conquer land. It would be a brutal, but ultimately fated battle, as the noble octopodes outwit and outnumber the winged beasts eleven to one.

Either that or a planet ruled by insects.

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:31AM

i like it - having more than 1 intelligent species competing for resources could get interesting

this is exactly why the 'god of your own planet' thing isn't cool in the mormon sense - as 'god' you'd really just be some template follower doing things 'as they've been done on other worlds'

i mean, you'd have to create humans because (supposedly) that's how it works...

boring - i'm surprised that the 'deep' mormon doctrine of eternal progression towards godhood was invented by such an interesting character - it seems like exactly the sort of program some boring mid-level manager bureaucrat type person would come up with:

"lets just do the same thing over and over and over again for infinity..."

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:39AM

My planet is like the "Wood between the Worlds" with lots of ponds everywhere, nice patches of grass to lay down on, nice shade trees here and there, and marijuana growing everywhere else!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:40AM

Peace, love, no churches, lots of German beer and trapshooting!...(just my personal vices rising to the top

Posted by: alight ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:57AM

MY planet will be for ME (and visiting friends)
i'll have beautiful animals and no insects whatsoever so i can finally lay on warm grass without ants crawling on me :P
plus it's going to be summer all year long :D

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 11:39AM

The system itself would be instead of the exam where they dont remeber the corse work system of the mormons it would be a constant cycle of reincarnation till they get it right. The main thing would be to lern love for everyone Love and careing for everyone would be the most important thing none of this silly love god stuff because you can do better by loveing god and hateing your fellow man than loveing your felow man and hateing god. Love for all would be it. Leaveing a little memory of former lives wuld be needed but only a very little. You got to remeber some of your mestakes so you dont repeat them. Public appareances would be few and far between but just enough so theres still free will to chosoe to lern or not but there would be the simple truth of love everyone.

Both parants would have to be in love enough to feel certain attachment for an intimate partner before children end up in the mix.

There would be alot more diversety in both plant and amimal colors and shapes. like dragons and unicorns(those probably in thair last life before perfection) More diversaty in size and shapes of people like blue people and greenj people and even those like drow and pixies and gnomes.

A bit of magic real magic to add to the talents people have.

And then I can see the amazeing things the animals then people do with thair lives in a beutiful and diverse world.

There would be no such thing as a worship service instead groups of people would be encoraged to go help someone in some way. There would be no prayer instead it would only be an act of giveing.

There would be huge diversaty in all enviroments but enough food and other recorses for everyone to live conftably. Well till someone ends up bei;mg selfish but with the reincarnation they will be reborn into the perfect place to see the consiquences of thair actions.

Male and female might bew less easy to define as you could so easely be brought back as the other one the next time.

So instead of the exam with no lessons it woulds be a corsework only plan.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 12:08PM

... except there won't be any humans.

See how that works.

Oh, and I'll brew my own beer. I'll have more than enough time seein' as how I won't have to be answerin' prayers and s**t.

Timothy

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 12:37PM

I'd make a world where there is no such thing as "sin". Pretty much the only rule is not to hurt other people or animals. Anyone who tries to break this rule gets whisked away to a "time-out" planet (a really boring place) to think about why that's a bad idea, until they agree not to do it again, and then they get to go back. People could still get sick or hurt, but not permanently disfigured and no one would die. I'd keep most of the animals and plants we have here, except for parasites, like ticks and mosquitos. Eventually, once they start exploring other planets, I'll give people the ability to create their own worlds, with dragons or unicorns or fairies or whatever creative ideas they have - but I'll still supervise them and take away their creative ability if they make anything evil. I'll talk to my people face-to-face all the time, to hear all their creative ideas and to explain to them why some things would turn out badly if they tried it. So eventually all the nice worlds imaginable, including the ones everyone else has posted about on here, would be created.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.