Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:11AM

I got in trouble at work for my potty mouth the other day. I'm a klutz; I tripped over a cable that someone had left trailing where it shouldn't have been. I get a little worried about falling these days because I have "severe" osteoporosis. I twisted and caught myself but uttered, "$#!T!" There were no customers around or anything. I was chastized by the boss for it though. Okay, fine; I apologized. My back hurt all day from twisting it to keep from falling but that's neither here nor there...

It wasn't until later on that day that I got to thinking... that same boss is a bigot. He's frequently saying the N-word, or making antisemitic remarks. I often feel angry and ashamed for not speaking up about it because I need my job so bad. There are others in the office who do the same, and they also like to disparage someone or something by saying "Oh, that's so retarded!"

They can't stand to hear me say $#!t but it's okay for them to use language that to me is way worse because it hurts people.

And I'M the one with the potty mouth. Go figure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 03:12AM by Doxi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imgivingup ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 07:35AM

Be careful with yourself. Osteoporosis can be deadly if you break the wrong bone.

As for being chastized for a not even a PG rated word is nothing short of priggish.

last time someone started on me about my choice of words, I hit them with a string of Obsceinties that would make Eddie Murphy blush.

All good mormons must be prigs. There's no way to reach the Celestial Kkkingdom without a huge dose of self-righteousness.

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:48PM

Oh for the love of milk, butter and Lilith's demon laden WOMB. It is WAY worse to use racial slurs than to curse when you stub your toe or something. Racial slurs are very mean.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.