Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thinker ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 08:51AM

On his radio show last week, Glenn Beck voiced his support for Rick Santorum. Knowing how churchco works, that may just be a ploy, because if he openly supports Romney, the masses will be supsicious of the Mormon link. Note: I force myself to listen to the Right-Wing stations sometimes so that I can know what's going on on both sides!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Scooter in TX ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 08:58AM

and for that, we thank you.

Posted by: thinker ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 09:45AM

It's painful, but it has to be done, Scooter...

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 10:48AM

I am actually happy about this....imagine a Mormon not supporting another Mormon? Never dreamed of such a thing. Whether another person can make the leap he must, I am grateful because the man who just backed out is now backing his fellow Mormon.....well, where is the surprise. He has no one else to back. The guy who dropped out is all over the place. I sure like his daughters though and his wife. Him, not so much.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 10:56AM

Romney is too moderate for Beck. On second thought, everyone is too moderate for Beck.

Posted by: ExmoDad ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 11:18AM

Maybe he's reverting to his Catholic roots, wishing he were still a Catholic! :)

Posted by: J. Chan ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:56PM

They back a more conservative candidate with no shot at the nomination so they can tell their audience "I told you so" if Romney fails to beat Obama. If Romney beats Obama then they have a Republican president and are back to three years of beating down Democratic "attacks" before reassessing whether their guy can win reelection.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.