Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Scott.T ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 12:01PM

... after the Tonys the show was sold out for at least six months out, so I
... bought tickets last June, seven months in advance,
... put the date on my calendar,
... drove into NYC, got to the theater and waited a half hour or so in line,
... got to the door where,
... the ticket-taker scanned the tickets and handed them back,
... and told us those tickets were for NEXT WEEK! (aagghh!)
... I did a double take, and read the tickets again, and sure enough they were for NEXT week.

... so, we walked across the street and saw 'CHICAGO' instead.

(fortunately we're only about two hours from NYC, so going back next week won't be too difficult, but it does throw some kinks in the schedule that we still need to figure out)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 16, 2012 12:07PM

jon1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

Actually DW and I joked about that ... that some people might say it was all part of god's plan keep us from drifting further from the truth than we already are.

I'm just happy the ticket taker didn't tell us the tickets were for LAST week ... that would have been a bit more depressing.

Posted by: Moira (NotLoggedIn) ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:07PM

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:30PM

So happy for you that you are only two hours away!

I saw BoM in September and have tickets to see it again in May.

I live in Los Angeles!

When I saw the show in September, I knew I wanted to return and take my daughter. She lives in Boston. We are also going to see Jesus Christ Superstar.

OMG! Jesus Christ Superstar. I already have those tickets, too.

I saw this production of Jesus Christ Superstar a few weeks ago in La Jolla, CA. So good!

I screamed with laughter in BoM. At intermission, an entire row of people left. Not because of me, I'm sure, but they must have thought the show was about . . . The Book of Mormon.

I have read no reviews of BoM which see the show the way I do: as an exploration about the creation of religions. The show is beyond brilliant!

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:33PM

Scott T, - I DID go the following week. Ugh!!! Went to see Prisilla, Queen of the Desert. Ticket taker showed me my mistake. There with wife and friends for wife's birthday. Ticket taker sent me to the ticket window, which promptly printed new tickets for the correct day, better seats, no charge. Obviously, show was not sold out six months in advance. Show tickets - $425. Dinner - $550, kindness of New Yorkers - priceless.

Date: January 16, 2012 04:21PM

We did ask at the ticket window about switching the tickets to yesterday and they pointed to people waiting for the chance to buy in the 'cancellation' line and said none of them are getting in today either just because it's sold out, so no chance.

Chicago wasn't sold out and since the show was less than an hour from starting they put us in the middle of the main floor in good seats for the cost of sitting in back up in the balcony so it was still a good afternoon. The theaters seem quite flexible as long as the shows not sold out and it gives them a chance to fill more seats.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:51PM

Has anybody else heard that they were about to start a travelling company?

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 05:48PM

Yay! Thank you.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:23PM

I'm so jealous! I just moved to the NY area and have had a pretty hard time trying to find reasonably cheap tickets...I think I'll just end up having to splurge:)

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:27PM

I'd love to see this, but despite it's success in NY, and no doubt the tour, there is very little chance it will open in London :(

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 05:36PM

The South Park guys are sure making a little fortune on the golden bible they've created in the holy land of Broadway. But wouldn't it be nice if they could spread some of their gold digging to Salt Lake. Of course the theater would have to sell lemonaid instead of beer as we wouldn't want them to break any Utah liquor laws.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.