Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Someone Else ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:02PM

Packham mentions in the Mormon investigation page, "The detailed history and civilization described in the Book of Mormon does not correspond to anything found by archaeologists anywhere in the Americas. The Book of Mormon describes a civilization lasting for a thousand years, covering both North and South America..."

I am wondering how the first Mormons were alleged to have arrived in the Americas at the beginning of this "thousand years". Specifically, how many supposed started this alleged civilization in the beginning? And how many were there when they battled? Is it even feasibly possible that the small group of arriving Mormons could have reproduced enough to produce the kinds of numbers alleged to have existed as the battles started? 1000 years seems a short time for a small group to fill two continents with people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:06PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:08PM

I think they're 'shrinking' from the idea of having populated Both N & S. America.

Many if not Most LDS claims (current, anyway) are stated Very Ambiguously.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:13PM

Or in other words, as with every other religion ever invented, when the science proves the religion wrong, the religion changes, even if that means redefining history.

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 04:24PM

http://signaturebooks.com/2010/02/losing-a-lost-tribe-native-americans-dna-and-the-mormon-church/

Apologists and folks at FAIR and the Maxwell Institute have been babbling incoherently in tongues ever since...

Simon posts here regularly, and he's much less caustic than I am, but see, I have this road rage problem...

SLC
Working on post on Benson's "Arabian Evidence for the BOM" thread...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.