Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 06:19AM

Has the church ever decided on an actual location? Zarahemla always seems to be *just* within reach...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 06:43AM

It would be really cool if such a lost city actually existed. Oh well, we'll always have Atlantis ;)

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 07:09AM

Quaker Heights, Cleveland, OH.

Ron

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 08:08AM

Zarahemla = palmyra

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 08:15AM

Zarahemla
Some LDS apologists state that according to the BOM, the land of Zarahemla and the land of Cumorah are near enough that travelers from the land of Nephi in the south could confuse the general area of the two. Some interpret LDS scripture to indicate land of Cumorah being in the Finger Lakes region of western New York.

Since it was all made up BS, it never existed.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 08:35AM

I typed Zarahemla into Google Earth, just to see where it would take me and I got nothing. So I tried Zarahemla, New York, and it took me to Palmyra. LOL

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 11:20AM

Zarahemla is a Spanish lds ward in the Montreal area ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 11:20AM by quebec.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 11:25AM

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 11:43AM

It is in the imagination of a man who wanted money and chicks......how unusual that a young man would lie to obtain those things huh?

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 11:57AM

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 12:49PM

"Are the LDS Prophets revelators or not? Joseph would just ask God and he supposedly got instant answers in most cases. The Prophets are obviously the second worst communicators because should they not just ask God for the tiny revelation of the location of Book of Mormon history? The angel Moroni supposedly told Joseph that it is a history of the people on this continent. Where exactly? Where to look? A small request is it not? Do they not have the ‘power of discernment’?

If the Prophets haven’t asked, why haven’t they? If they have asked who is having the problem communicating, God or the Prophets? Since the Prophets seem to be the only ones authorized to receive this information for the Church it seems they should be doing the asking. They are certainly righteous enough and all the teachings are that they would indeed receive if they would just ask. Is it reasonable to assume that God would withhold the Book of Mormon location information when the angel already said it was history of real people? I believe not."

The silence from prophets, seers and revelators on this subject that inevitably tears families apart, makes them deliberately complicit in the continuing deceit IMO. They know it’s not real. They also know that the world would convert "IF" we could show a shred of verifiable evidence for BOM peoples, yet they remain silent and waste the very powers of the supposed priesthood that they hold the members accountable to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 12:56PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: Anonymous Guy 1000 ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 12:56PM

All of the make believe lands in the Book of Mormon are inside the heads of the mormons that believe it. They are all made up.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 03:12PM

south of Lake Ontario
West of the Genesee River

I would tell you to write to the prophet and ask him, but they don't want to talk to members any more. It's just getting to be too much of a burden to answer doctrinal, geographical, or any other questions. Just pray about it, and pay your tithing. You will get the answer in the next life.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 03:53PM

I also think that it's Palmyra. What I feel are the most accurate BoM maps show that. Though imaginary, the BoM was sketched out over the eastern Great Lakes area.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 03:53PM

Zarahemla - the city mentioned in the BoM - doesn't exist. But I am pretty sure that the authors of the BoM had a great Mayan city in Mesoamerica in their mind at the time they wrote it.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 04:38PM

I've met PhD BYU admins who swear that Zarahemla is Teotihuacan near Mexico City, and the temple complex there is the great Nephite Jesus temple of Zarahemla. Oooohhhh yeeaahhh...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.