Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 05:10AM

I'm NOT planning on getting baptized into any other church, because what I have learned from leaving LDS is that one church is as good as another, as long as they aren't suggesting devil worship, excessive control, harming others, or suicide.

But I'm just curious... What would an LDS bishop say if you just marched into his office and blurted out that you had been baptized into a different church? Does anyone know the procedure for that? If they care? Automatic disfellowhip?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 07:00AM

but I'm not sure

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 07:29AM

But this will depend heavily on the personality of your particular bish.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 08:36AM

Ex-com for sure. That is . . . IF they find out. The rules are in the Church Handbook of Instructions.

I was threatened with excommunication for re-baptizing all of my children into the Catholic faith of my childhood. (Not Jackmo hubby mind you, just apostate me - like he didn't attend all of the baptisms! duh). Bish read the exact chapter and verse from the handbook to me over the phone. At that time, the "new" CHI had added "joining another church" as a grounds for apostacy and ex-communication.

Bish threatened to ex me within 2 weeks if I didn't resign first. I had started raising all kinds of h*ll because the Mormons wouldn't stop love-bombing us. After a year of it, I threatened to go to the media and get an attorney.

So we had a show-down.

I lost??

I resigned with all of our kids. JackMo hubby is still a member in good standing. <SNORT>

;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 08:36AM by shannon.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 08:43AM

Unless you repent and renounce it, you could be Ex'ed for Apostacy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.