Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 02:00AM

My daughter's self-proclaimed YW leader dropped by a nicely decorated scrapbook page with a blank space in the middle. She explained to me that DD was supposed to write down how she planned to be a light unto the world this year in accordance with the Young Women's theme. It was just too good a chance to pass up, so I humored her and took the scrapbook page. Apparently, after DD has set her goal, it's going into some sort of YW scrapbook so she has to return it to self-proclaimed leader.

I've thought of several things to say but, without prompting, DD came up with her own idea "I will be a light unto the world by helping others without telling anyone what I am doing. I will follow Jesus counsel to not seek the praises of man when doing good to others." Of course, Mormons are too clueless to see their whole Personal Progress program has just been insulted but it would be worth it, just to see that DD is listening to me about their dumb program. Personal Progress is just a way to train women in Mormonism and tie their self-esteem to getting praise from Mormons. Nothing wrong with goal setting, mind you. But the way it's done in this program rubs me the wrong way. Glad to see DD gets my main point with this one.

I wish Mormons would quit creeping people out with their so-called light.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 02:32AM

I was always a goal setter, but dropped out of the personal progress thing. It's lame telling other people to set goals, and in what areas.

I wasn't going to waste my time pursuing THEIR goals so I could get a stupid necklace that would basically say "look at me, I'm self-righteous!"

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 03:45PM

"....no sooner than 10 a.m., unless I sleep in; there's no telling if I'll even be up by then."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.