Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 10:49AM

The one where the first presidency says no blowjob or cunning linguists? I was in AZ when this came out and my SP told me and my wife (now ex) no more oral sex. When we left, it was the first time in a long time she dropped an f-bomb "Fuck that!" said she.

http://www.lds-mormon.com/worthy_letter.shtml

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 12:41PM

That's the one Ron! The exact link too!

Date: January 20, 2012 12:43PM

Date: January 20, 2012 01:04PM

Strange things happening! My replies don't move this thread up!

Date: January 20, 2012 03:09PM

Bump

Date: January 20, 2012 04:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2012 10:23PM by Lost Mystic.

Date: January 20, 2012 10:24PM

Bump

Date: January 20, 2012 06:49PM

????

Says 1 reply but there are a bunch! What's going on?

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 10:31PM

There's some weird stuff going on with the board. They're working on it.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 10:43PM

Ironic since nonmo's in SLC referred to SLC as the bj capital of the U.S. since Mormon girls were slower than some to go all the way. Guess they never saw the letter. True story.

Date: January 21, 2012 12:36PM

Haha!!

That would make sense in a Bill Clinton kind of way ;)

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 21, 2012 03:10PM

Glad I got to see / read that document (as if I need another reminder of just how messed up MORmONISM really is, but really it is good to have some first hand Knowledge about such major league intrusive,abusive & destructive LDS INc meddling in members lives)

I never had a bishop ask me about this particular issue.
(thankfully) its most likely because by the time I was post mission & married, I was obviously already borderline hostile to LDS meddling in my life, aka not much room for taking any more CRAP from LDS INC even if I was still somehow technically a member.

But I did have them probe me about personal masturbation in ky earlier years which apparently came out of the same Kimball program/ modality/ campaign to deeply intrude into members lives on sexual matters, manipulate them & saddle them with guilt. These probes were completely improper. It taxes my sanity to think that my ULTRA prudish ULTRA MORmON parents were OK with having a middle age man ( bishop) question me about masturbation when I was a young teen. It also gets to me that they were gleefully OK with having some LDS temple workers feel me up & threaten to cut my throat.

Is it really possible to broach the topic of oral sex without being somewhat voyeuristic ? Pershaps clinically. Well, I suppose, it is as long as the priesthood leader is being as profoundly arrogant and indignant as LDS leaders can be. Are these LDS leaders really being clinical in their approach?
perhaps Clinical, only as far as abusive meddling sentiment overwhelms the sexual overtones! I cant imagine how Kimball would have felt so compelled to address this issue in such a way with out treading into some of his own personal feelings on sex.

I *love* the part about how unclean things must not enter the holy MORmON temple. MORmONism had that screwed up from day one with Joe SMith & Brig Young being in there. and how comical that Jesus is so upset with those that might have had oral sex
but Christ is totally fine with all that throat slashing and bowel busting crap.

MORmONS!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 21, 2012 05:15PM

I'm almost "orgasmic" right now. I told my husband that the church says oral sex is wrong and he says "Not true! It's the Catholics". Heeeeeee! So I just emailed him the link to this letter. :).

I'm sure he will have a response to explain it away.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 21, 2012 07:06PM

He explained it away and said if I would read carefully it says it's regarding those who feel bad about it. Whatever. It's a lost cause and I give up now.

Date: January 24, 2012 09:59AM

suckafoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He explained it away and said if I would read
> carefully it says it's regarding those who feel
> bad about it. Whatever. It's a lost cause and I
> give up now.

LOL, apparently he didn't read this part:

"The First Presidency has determined that oral sex is an unnatural, impure and unholy practice."

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 10:18AM

The letter reads that the first presidency had rulled Oral Sex an unnatual, inpure, or unholy practice. (period placed here to end statement) Then states any act that causes enough guilt to ask about it shouldn't be done, which is a "wrapup" sentence for the entire paragraph.

If he gives you any guff, tell him you are feeling guilty about it, and won't be participating, until he brings it up next interview.

Posted by: SillySally ( )
Date: January 21, 2012 05:43PM

As a nevermo, this stuff just blows my mind. I can't imagine attending a church that tells me how I'm allowed to have sex with my husband. I don't know what shocks me more about the letter, the fact that the interviewer is suppost to be God or that oral sex was touched upon first, and in more detail, then abuse of children and/or spouse. And this isn't a cult?

Posted by: carrielacapa ( )
Date: January 22, 2012 01:01AM

Bump! I'd heard about this letter, but not actually seen it. Good work!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 22, 2012 06:57PM

So three old guys who last had sex 30 years previously were trying to tell other people what to do and how to do it? Classic!

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 03:54PM

matt Wrote:
> So three old guys who last had sex 30 years
> previously were trying to tell other people what
> to do and how to do it? Classic!

Knowing MORmON leadershit er uhhh leadership, they had probably blown each other ( no matter how unspectacular the results really were) that day, as a way to celebrate the completion & issuing of the letter /statement as a declaration banning certain practices.

Date: January 24, 2012 09:42AM

Funny how morgbots deny this ever happened. I was in a Bishopric back in the day and that's the real deal.

Ron

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 04:12PM

Tabula Rasa Wrote:
> The one where the first presidency says no blowjob
> or cunning linguists?

Cunning Linguists: people who are skilled in the gift of tongues.

ROFLMAO

Posted by: Cunning Linguist ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 07:39PM

Let's say right off the bat =) I am a linguist (a translator).

I am also a non-Mormon.

I am researching Mormonism for my own personal interest.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.