Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 21, 2012 10:23PM

We've asked here before if Evangelical Christians can/would support a Mormon. Some say yeah no problem. I have always doubted they would. The religious differences are too great and to EVs are extremely significant. For one, many EVs consider that Mormons worship "a different Jesus". That is all you need to say and EVs would find it difficult or impossible to support a person with such beliefs (the way EVs interpret Mormon beliefs, at least). I think that even an atheist would be preferable to a Mormon, to some EVs, or at least it would be a tie as to who was least likely to be looked upon with favour by an EV.

I have to keep this narrowly focused and general in order to stick to the no politics rule. Please: No overt politics!

I just can't refrain from saying that this is borne out for me today by seeing the largest percentage of EVs supporting a person who is known to have had extramarital affairs and who has had three wives (at least not all three at the same time!) and who is flanked by a former mistress. This is preferable to EVs than a person who is Mormon?

Wow.

There was a funny blip the other day when a newscaster mentioned "Romney's third wife", obviously getting the names mixed up! Go figure that it's a non-Mormon who has had a bevvy of wives. For Romney, that is still in the future (according to Mormon theology). That concept is difficult for nevermos to get their heads around. I think that if you don't believe in a celestial harem you just don't pay much attention to the specifics of what someone believes about the afterlife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.