Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jafnhar ( )
Date: January 22, 2012 11:26AM

A couple of years ago when I was spending some time in the hospital, I was listening to Slayer and it occurred to me that it would be hilarious to have a Satanic Mormon metal band. So, basically it would be Slayer, but instead of inverting Catholic imagery, the idea would be to use the LDS framework.

So recently I was kind of bored on a flight, and it seemed to me the idea would be worth pursuing since Romney is running for president. If someone really pursued the idea, it could get some attention, even if only as an internet meme. So I wrote up and outlined the music to some actual songs. But I don't have time to really do something like this. If anyone else wants to pursue it, we can get in contact. This is some of the song list so far:

"Prepare" ("you are unprepared for the last time, you're only ready to die!").
"Coffee-drinking sinner" ("espresso won't help you through the eternal day of pain")
"South of Kolob" (pretty obvious)
"Brother of Jesus" (I couldn't get this one quite right, but I still like the title)
"Them bones" (based on the theory of my child-molesting seminary teacher that dinosaur bones were from animals of extinct planets).

It could be a lot of fun!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.