Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 22, 2012 12:49PM

I wrote earlier this week about talking to the SP.

My wife and I had a chance to sit and watch people come and go getting their temple recommends. My wife was getting hers. How long does it take to answer the questions? It looks like about 30 minutes per person.

So SP was not busy when my wife went in for her interview with one of his counsellors, so I chatted with SP.

He made an interesting comment when I told him I was disappointed in Tommy. I said I don't see much leadership provided plus I told him none of the GA's ever bear their testimonies about knowing the Church is true or BoM is true and that is why I am not going to the temple with my wife.I told him I had made a close study over the years how GA's bear their testimonies and Church members bear their testimonies. GA's seem to say nothing!!!

His response was interesting. He said "Look at yourself and see if you have the spirit" If not you are missing what they are saying."

Then he said that if you have a testimony of Tommy as President of the Church, he does not need to say the Church is true, etc. He said you would know that.

He said that they have to be careful what they say to the world!!! Really, I mentioned Samuel the Nephite and how bold he was. He just smiled!!

He said "SEcular Priest it boils down to this. Do you belive that JS saw God the Father and the Son in the first vision? (I wanted to ask which version but I was polite). He then said if you believe that then you know that JS was a prophet and it makes follows that Tommy is the Prophet, Seer and revelator"

By that time my head was spinning and my wife finished with her temple recommend interview.

My SP and maybe all SP's must be taught to follow a script put out by the brethren. They seemed like canned answers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.