Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elysiannevermo ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 08:12AM

So I was going through the article earlier about warren jeffs sending out "revelations" about the end being near and the had a link for pictures of him and his brides. One stuck out to me.

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-08/343568500-11200622.jpg

They all are here

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-warren-jeffs-child-brides-photos-warren-jeffs-and-child-brides-20110809,0,7748311.photogallery

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 09:36AM

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 10:54AM

Fing sicko.

Perversion and human rights violations like that are what drove me over the edge in my disgust of mormonism and polygamy, and all the hate and manipulation that goes with it.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 12:48PM

Couldn't get thru all them pics!

She bawls me out for barfing... now it's MY turn!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 01:50PM

What a disgusting, slimy pig. Those poor little girls. Their parents are so indoctrinated, and manipulated, it's beyond comprehension.
I tried to imagine my daughter being in that picture. I don't know how the parents let that happen. He must have them in a state of fear that I can't even imagine.

Posted by: k9hoppy ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 04:35PM

VILE, VILE, VILE and whats even worse is the LDS's denial of Polygamy and how it is "wrong" ( but only because the law says so) yet you so know half the 12 and half the 70 are aspiring to be the same in the " Celestial Kingdom"...................so wrong

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 07:41PM

Indeed, how can the "mainstream church" in SLC condemn this guy when he lived the exact same life as JS, according to the "revealed" doctrines? If there is one thing Jeffs does differently from the way Joe Smith said the church should be run (and WAS run in the 1800's), I'd like to hear it, without the TBM response that "God changed things", because if God really is the creator of the universe then he is one sad, sad, wimp if he caves to the "laws of the land" and says that the "new and everlasting covenant" should be tossed out, and SLC mormons should be snaggin' wives right and left, like the good lord commands, to raise up that righteous seed....

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 10:48AM

Posted by: Anon Just Because ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 12:53PM

I made the colossal mistake of looking at those pictures and it took me back to the bad old days...

Those poor girls. At least no one ever told me God wanted it that way...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 02:28PM

From one photo in that batch (the three girls with their three elderly husbands,) it looks like more prosecutions need to take place. I also think that for the parents who allowed the "marriages" to take place, they need to have their underage children taken away from them.

The LDS church needs to take a long, hard look at modern-day polygamy. This is exactly what Joseph Smith was up to. There is simply no way to whitewash it. This is the man they still choose to follow.

Posted by: hardwood ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:25PM

I'm no mormon, but I wouldn't mind living the "princpal" with one of those good looking LDS women in SLC. I'd even treat them as an "equal".

Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:09PM

This is nauseating. "Vile" is a good word, but it doesn't go nearly far enough. I don't know what does. Jeffs's behavior is morally monstrous.

But what's even worse--if such a thing is possible--is that he seems to actually *believe* his own rhetoric.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.