Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: January 24, 2012 08:50PM

Two threads have really cracked my up lately, the thread about married people spending time with friends of the opposite sex, and the Karl Marx thread.

In my opinion the opinions expressed by some of the posters demonstrated the depth of the brain washing that RfMers have been subjected to. The Mormons have always ruled relationships with fear. From day one of my education on how I should interact with the opposite sex it has been drilled into my head that if I don't watch out I will be in the sack with some girl and she will get pregnant. Every rule as a teenager was geared to limiting my time with girls who want to rip my pants off. The rules in marriage started the same way. If I don't watch out some harlot would seduce me and I wouldn't be able to stop it. The bottom line is men and women can be friends and not have sex. I also noticed that one poster pointed out the obvious fact that sex doesn't require someone of the opposite sex.

The Karl Marx thread taught me that there are some here who prefer to stick with the Mormon idea that the only way to govern is the American way of governing. While not limited to Mormons, the idea that this nation is blessed above all other nations and that our founding fathers figured out the only way of doing things is a very Mormon idea.

It has been nice to find out these last two days that I am not the only one who is still recovering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 02:13AM

We are all recovering from mormonism.....and I want to have sex with every hot chick I see.

I was also taught that the girls wanted to rip my pants off.....thus youth dances were a huge let down for me.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:56PM

Girls want to rip my pants off?

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:57PM

The things I never knew about myself. ;)

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 04:20PM

Raise a good point about how much mormonism has affected us in ways that we may not all realize.

Where are these pants ripping women? I think I need to lose a few hang-ups.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 05:21PM

In jail.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.