Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 02:49PM

What is the total # of Morgs now worldwide? I would like to see how it breakdowns by country (or at least continents) in percents....might be on the internet. I'll check.
I read where there are 4 leaving for every one joining/being born in. Does anyone know?
I wonder too of the Morgs, how many are temple Morgs? I think some are very inactive but still counted in the total because their is on the membership list.
That is another reason to have you name takeen off/permanently removed. Don't give them the satisfaction of making their numbers one more. My two cents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 02:50PM by enoughenoch19.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 02:49PM

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 02:53PM

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 02:54PM

to show the world how "normal" Mormons are. How appropriate that the photo was of a gooey casserole dish of Funeral Potatoes. All that was missing in that photo op were five dirty children underfoot.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 10:11AM

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:08PM

At least the writer had the good sense to state "the church says it has 14 million", instead of reporting it as fact.

"Ms. Spackman says that in her congregation, in Brooklyn, the tradition of socializing with food and sharing recipes is just as strong as it was when she was growing up in Logan, Utah. Only the recipes have changed. “Now the recipe is more likely to be a grapefruit curd or a new kind of granola bar than a casserole,”

I lived about 5 blocks from the referenced "congregation" for 8 years (luckily, they had no idea of my existence), and it sits in a neighborhood filled with amazing old Italian delis and restaraunts. Not to mention newer generation boutique artisinal food purveyors. Also, the congregation seemed to be predominantly West Indian. If they couldn't evolve out of the Mormon food stereotypes, nobody could.

Date: January 25, 2012 03:10PM

I highly recommend this book to anyone with a sense of humor and an interest in food:

http://signaturebooks.com/2010/02/no-man-knows-my-pastries-the-secret-not-sacred-recipes-of-sister-enid-christensen/

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:34PM

That's hilarious! I'm getting a couple of those to give as Christmas gifts to TBM family members

Date: January 25, 2012 04:07PM

I've often thought of doing a "Julie and Julia" type food blog with it.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 05:26PM

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 06:52PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 09:59PM

Mormon "cuisine" I grew up with:

Jello with carrot shavings
Boiled meat
Canned, ground "salmon loaf"
Kool Aid with sugar
White rice with sugar piled on
Frito casserole
Tuna casserole
Bean casserole
Cereal with sugar piled on
Cream of Wheat with brown sugar piled on
Cinnamon toast
Sugar toast
Wheat germ mixed with peanut butter
Mashed potatoes with butter and gravy

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 11:09PM

Salt and pepper are pretty much the only "spices".

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 11:14PM

What a gaggy article. It's basically highlighting how women's whole purpose in the church is to pop out babies and make cheap food. And the woman who wanted to be a writer, but had a family instead, so now she blogs???? It's just sad.

Or maybe this is just me projecting my own feelings that my life/education/career were all hijacked by TSCC. I bought the lies, I got married at 19, I had a 3 kids by the time I was 26, and FINALLY got a bachelor's degree 13 YEARS later. And I was one of the lucky ones. I ONLY had 3 kids, and I eventually got a degree. Many morg women never even do that.

Oh, and the comment about how sugar is the big mormon vice, LOL. Yep, it's no wonder so there are so many fat mormons. Food is the only thing they have to live for.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.