Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vulturetamer ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 07:08PM

I was reading the post about the elder who has the hots for the poster. Yikes! If I had a nickel for every story I heard about a missionary getting transferred because of this kind of thing....poor kids.

Anyway, we have the missionaries over all the time, they are our pals, we feed them regularly. We never have spiritual conversations. They play Wii with us, we watch tv, listen to music, even making CDs for them. Trust me, not chuch approved music. We serve them caffeinated sodas, and even took them to the movies when MI4 came out. Quoting Chevy Chase in Christmas vacation and laughing our heads off together a missionary might have even slipped a swear word or two out. These kids are cool. Granted, not all of them, but the many we have had come through our home have been so damned relieved that we treat them like normal kids (I laughed when a couple decided they couldn't resist dueling with my kids' light sabers)......I feel sorry for them, and hope whatever relief they can find from the stifling rules helps them along a little bit more. I always joke.......yeah and when your pres finds out, what r they gonna do? Ex me? ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 09:20PM

We talk about them returning home and being normal.

Not about them perpetuating a cult.

Odd though, that ever since I moved to the "lamanite" part of town - I haven't seen them around.

They came more frequently in the "delightsome" part of town.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 10:09AM

Missionaries have avoided our house. I think Bishop Jackwagon is afraid to send them over since he knows I know too much. Or maybe he thinks it's not worth it and I'll get over being offended on my own. I have a no soliciting sign on my door and I'm more than willing to explain to them what that means, if necessary. But I'd do it nicely, partly because I was a missionary and partly because it messes with their "angry apostate" preconceived notions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.