Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mikey ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 03:06PM

I found this on an "ask a Mormon" page, the question being, "Do Mormon's shun someone who leaves the Mormon Church?"

http://www.askamormon.com/Do-Mormons-shun-someone-who-leaves-the-church.html

I found, as an ex-mormon who is constantly struggling with maintaining a relationship with children that are being raised as devout members, the replies to be deprecating, cold, and saddening. Any comments on this? Just curious as to what people think? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 03:19PM

From the comments section:

"Ending ties though with friends and family that are wicked or apostates is not unChristians though. The Apostle Paul who spoke on behalf of Christ in the Ancient Church repeatedly spoke of not associating with the wicked. We are to love them, we are to reach out to them in service and show them the gospel of Christ but we are not to associate with them on a personal levee. Least we become tempted to stray from the straight and narrow path."

This statement epitomizes the beliefs and thoughts of Mormons. I live in Utah County. I feel for my young daughter. She may not know a childhood that isn't infested with this type of thinking about her.

Mormons are sick people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 03:32PM by emanon.

Posted by: mikey ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 03:32PM

Yes, I find it coldhearted that the writer tries to associate apostates with wickedness, as though they were separate categories of people on the same level with each other.
I, myself, of course find myself an apostate, but certainly NOT
wicked. Of course, if you ask some of my ex in-laws, you would I'm sure, hear a different story. Damaging Dogmatic religion at it's finest!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 05:01PM

I can't believe people justify beliefs like this. Truly the definition of self-righteousness as a sickness.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 04:17PM

So Joseph Smith (boy wonder) lies, lies, and lies some more! Is lying not considered wicked? Wicked, immoral by anyone's standArds. Tiptoes is a very lovey dovey, try to see things from different perspectives, but comments like #3, just makes me want to rip sOmeone a new bum hole!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 05:42PM

Paul also says: Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.