Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 05:03PM

I know this subject has been recently addressed in other posts here, but I continue to be both amazed and nauseated by the primitive Mormon penchant for lying in behalf of their lunatic Lord.

--Example #1 (original punctuation and grammar, emphasis added on falsehoods and/or misdirects)

"[posted by] "Nigel GReece" . . .

"Goodness - don't you folks get excited easily.

"1st question is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints (Mormon) true or false? If false then we waste a lot of our own time and money doing something that has no validity and therefore is a great bid SO WHAT!

"If the Church is following the commandmen ­ts of God (it is true) then the problem is with those who are in opposition ­.

"1st Point - all baptism on behalf of the dead ARE PRIMARILY FOR OUR ANCESTORS, and they have full freedom to reject the offer - just as you do when a missionary invites you to listen.

"2nd Question - have you done your research? Jesus Christ was baptised by John (The Baptist) who held full authority to do so and therefore has no need of further baptism as He fulfilled all righteousn ­ess.

"In the UK we call this a storm in a tea cup. Mind I suppose after Boston..."
_____

--Example #2

In this same thread, some Mormon-sounding apologist is claiming with a straight face that Mormons only baptize dead “family members" and only do so after waiting at least a century after their deaths before taking the post-mortem plunge in their behalf.

As my Significant Other observed (a never-Mo who doesn't put up with lying lightly):

"Is it true that MORMONS ONLY BAPTIZE DEAD 'FAMILY MEMBERS,' eg, ancestors of Mormons?

"Is it true that THEY WAIT UNTIL 100 YEARS AFTER THE DEATH?

"My impression is that they baptize any dead person’s name they can get their hands on and they can do it pretty quickly after the death, right? Someone on the Huffington Post dead dunking article (comment section), who is obviously a Mormon even though they don’t say it, is defending the church right and left, including making the two above assertions.

"If this person is lying, that bugs the hell out of me."

They are most certainly lying and/or misleading--both well-honed talents of TBMs.

That said, I'm not inclined to wade through nearly 6,000 reader comments (no doubt peppered with the poopery of Mormon propagandists, but here, again, is the link to the stink:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/mormon-church-mitt-romney_n_1229322.html

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 05:57PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 05:45PM

This reminds me of Richard Packham's post on his website about how the bible says a true servant of God won't lie. A false prophet can have many of the same characteristics of a true prophet but the real test is that a true prophet won't lie.

Now I know that you don't believe in God, steve, but Mormons do and they disqualify themselves from being true servants of God by their lying. They think they are defending God when they are defying God.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 05:47PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 05:47PM by steve benson.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 07:03PM

I also said: "...and I'm going straight now. No more lying for me." She didn't get what I meant, of course, having wasted a lifetime lying to herself. So I spelled it out for her. Boy, for all the lying they do Mormons sure don't like to be called liars!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.