Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermomomofmos ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:07PM

This looks like the real letter sent out on December 9th with the temple recommend questions and the new statement about wearing garments when doing yard work.

I love how it says this:

It is expected that members will wear the garment
both night and day according to covenants
made in the temple.

Then it says:

Members who have made covenants in the
temple should be guided by the Holy spirit to
answer for themselves personal questions about
wearing the garment.

So it is expected that they do as instructed but they can answer (decide?) for themselves. Or they should ask the holy spirit and do what the hs says? If they ask the hs if they can do yardwork without garments and the hs says yes...then are they doing what is "expected"? I'm confused. lol

And then there are the tr questions. My husband was laughing out loud at some of them. And was surprised at all the ways they must tow the line to get a tr.

Link to the letter (from mormonstories):

http://mormonstories.org/other/TRI%20Questions%20120911.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:08PM

Clearly, the garment cannot be worn in every single instance.It's called: COMMON SENSE! :-) But if it was so common, more people would have it!Decide for yourself when it's clearly impossible to wear the garment.

The point is not to make it visible so it can be mocked or ridiculed as it's sacred in their view.

Therefore, we didn't wear it when going to the doctor, or when wearing a uniform or a type of clothing regulation for certain sports, like a tennis outfit, and many other instances. Garments are not worn with swim attire either .... but that's just common sense!

Some people are very strict about the garment, some just make a big deal about criticizing other people when they don't seem to be wearing the garment according to their ideas.

I was never able to wear the garment at night, in over 35 years. The lace irritated my skin also. I actually took it off in my sleep and tossed the garment around the room! :-)
I went to dozens of TR interviews and reported the problem, and not one bishop or stake president said a word or batted an eye.
I actually called the Specials Dept and at one time, they would make them to your own measurements and without lace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.