Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:42PM

Hello old friends, and those of you who came to the sight long after I stopped making corny jokes on here.

As some of you know, I attend a Unitarian Church here in Richmond, Va. In light of recent events that have created interest in mormonism, I am teaching a class on Mormon doctrine, history, and culture to my fellow congregants.

I have started looking on the net for the most accurate and up to date version of the endowment ceremony, but figured someone on here probably already knows where to find one.

Any help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 05:19PM

that's a pleasant blasty pasty.

Date: January 28, 2012 05:22PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 05:29PM

IMO... the 'old' one will do for Teaching Never-Mos...

Date: January 28, 2012 11:37PM

Posted by: yin ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:23PM

Um, wow.
I've never sat and read through this word for word, but... I'm just floored. I keep thinking of all the TBMs in my life, picturing them at the temple listening to this.

I'm shocked at all the changes, too. All the additions to include Eve and women, the rewording of the vows women take to obey their husbands (they tried to make it sound less like they have to obey their husbands' law, but it's really the same thing).

Also shocking to me, that I didn't realize, was the removal of all the anti-Catholic rhetoric. They removed the word "popes" and took out all that stuff about the preacher.

How do people buy this shit as holy and sacred?!

Posted by: Mormonisn't ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 04:09PM

can someone do a word count on that link to let us know how much was deleted. Should be simple to do in a word doc or something similar. I'd like to know.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:40AM

By the time you find out, they will have changed it again. They are famous for changing things in this cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.