Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paylayale ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 08:54PM

The thought has occurred to me that Mitt is part Mexican. Note his stark black hair, straight up. Note is father's hairstyle. Note he and his father's committment to race-mixing, so called Civil Rights. Note his support for immigrants. I wonder why??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 08:56PM

Mittens is half Mexican.

His father is all Mexican.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 08:56PM

Romney's dad was a mexican (born in mexico) therefore woudn't that make Romney half mexican ?

Date: January 28, 2012 08:59PM

I mean genetics and not based jupon geography.

Date: January 28, 2012 09:00PM

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:41PM

No. His parents fled Utah during the crackdown on polygamy and set up a settlement across the Mexican border. Romney's father George was born there and would have had duel citizenship.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:14PM

you're talking about the Lamanites (about whom we hear very little these days). I dunno. He looks pretty darn "white and delightsome" to me.

Date: January 29, 2012 11:18AM

will make a big deal out of Mitt's?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 11:20AM

Mitt was born in the States, it was his father who was born in Mexico.

Date: January 29, 2012 12:50PM

So was Obama!

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:23PM

"...race-mixing, so called Civil Rights."

What does this mean?

Sounds racist. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

Posted by: nattums ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:37PM

From his dad's Wiki page:

(George) Romney was born to American parents living in the Mormon colonies in Mexico; events during the Mexican Revolution forced his family to flee back to the United States when he was a child.

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:49AM

reverse anchor baby?

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:42PM

I can't even speak for some of them. But I don't think any self-respecting Mexican would want to claim him.

As to his DNA, I think it was wiped out in a small population bottle-neck, either that, or God changed it. So will just have to take his background on faith.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:49PM

No, not by ethnicity. He is related, through his father to Parley P Pratt. Follow his genealogy back... I think it's English with some on Mitt's wife side coming from Wales.

EDIT: He is related to Hunts man through the Pratts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 10:01PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:06PM

I read Parley's diaries and when he went into SE Utah to find places to establish St. George and all those settlements down there, they had a big supply of wine they took along for the trip.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:05PM

this question.... who is a "Natural Born" citizen.... needs to be answered better (legislation, court decisions)

lots of people born of military & diplomatic parents.. U.S. citizens... were born in other countries.

I don't particularly think that duel citizenship is beneficial to the citizens of the countries involved, it's now more of a convenience (cheaper, faster travel).... kinda like diplomats get to stiff their parking & speeding tickets. DON'T EVER get run over by a Diplomat, haha

me? I was born... at a Very Early Age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 10:07PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:43AM

you are an American citizen. But I don't know if Mexican law is the same on that point. It would be interesting to see if George's birth was registered in a Mexican Civil Registry. If so, the birth registry itself might say something about his nationality under Mexican law.

I used to translate Mexican birth documents as part of my job, so I've read a lot of them.

If his parents were American citizens and his birth was registered with the U.S. Department of State, then he is an American by birth and it wouldn't matter where he was born.

Interesting issue.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:54PM

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:27AM

Part Native American and Spanish heritages? If so, it's been very, very diluted.

He does not look like a Mexicano at all.

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:35AM

Mexican is a nationality. It can consist of many ethnic backgrounds. Most people when asking the question are thinking of Indian (indigena) background, which I don't think the Romneys are.

Again, Mexican can be of any ethnic background.

'Other groups of immigrants include people of Lebanese and Syrian origin present in significant numbers in Puebla and Yucatán, as well as Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, and Koreans. The largest concentrations of East Asians are in Baja California with a large Chinatown in Mexicali known as La Chinesca on the US-Mexican border. There are various others unmentioned here.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Mexico#Other_ethnic_groups

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:38AM

Ethnicities in Mexico

"Most of these are the descendants of the Spanish colonial population called criollo. However, other immigrants arrived during the Second Mexican Empire (mostly French) and during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, mostly from Italy, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. White Americans, Croats, Armenians, Greeks, Germans, Polish, Romanians, Russians and Ashkenazi Jews, along with many Spanish refugees fleeing the Spanish Civil War of 1937 who also immigrated seeking asylum or better economic prospects. The European Jewish immigrants joined the Sephardic community that lived in Mexico since colonial times, though many lived as Crypto-Jews, mostly in the northern states of Nuevo León and Tamaulipas. Some communities of European immigrants have remained isolated from the rest of the general population since their arrival, amongst them the Dutch Mennonites of Chihuahua and Durango, the Venetos of Chipilo, Puebla, which have retained their original languages."

The Romneys are probably closest to the Dutch Mennonites of Chihuahua in this respect (literally, as the Mormon colonies are in the same general area as the Mennonite colonies.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Mexico#Other_ethnic_groups

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:46AM

There's also a suprising amount of people who immigrated from China and other Asian countries who have permanently settled in Mexico.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:47AM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 01:24PM

BadGirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

+1 -- :-)

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:49AM

I don't know. Paylayale might be onto something. Maybe his grandmother was getting frisky with one of the local boys, while hubby was busy satisfying his other wives. A woman has needs after all, and a man can only satisfy so many ladies.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 02:35PM

OF COURSE!!!

Mitt Romney and his father are Poster Children for Spencer Kimball's Little Brown Brothers Turned White & Delightsome Program!

It's an amazing transformation isn't it, bruthern and sistern? The cult is twooo!

Date: January 29, 2012 09:01PM

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:22AM

His daddy was born in Mexico but is not Mexican. His ancestors/relatives all go back to open polygamy Mo-ism.

Date: January 30, 2012 01:36AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.