Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:56PM

in Provo..attended a mainline ward. Swears her ex was a security guard at Manti temple and swears they did poly sealings in there at night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 01:17AM by notmo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tngal1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:03AM

Date: January 29, 2012 12:19AM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:08AM

Somebody is yankin somebodies chain.

Date: January 29, 2012 12:12AM

Ugh, we don't need her trying to legitimize how awful LDSinc is without making up stories.

People come here to read truth and only hurts this site when you make up stories or repeat made up stories.

Date: January 29, 2012 12:19AM

I have been chatting with a woman (gave her full name and the name of the leaders and what ward in Provo) .

I told her I didn't believe it but she insists that she was a polyg wife and she went to church with her DH and the ward knew they were polygamists.

She sounded perfectly normal when she spoke of other areas of her life.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:20AM

Date: January 29, 2012 12:24AM

As for the temple they do polygamous sealings all the time, that is no secret. But usually the 1st wife is dead or divorced from the husband. I can say pretty certain that if the 1st wife is still legally married to the husband than they don't do a sealing to another person for that man.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:08AM

what she was referring to.

Posted by: Alexis ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:33AM

Where the Manti Temple is concerned, I wouldn't be too quick to discount anything.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:45AM

I forgot.Money can buy anything.
I know what you're saying about Manti. I recently spent a couple of weeks there. I have to say it was quite a culture shock. Several shop keepers filled me in on the polygamy overrun in the last few years. A drive around the local neighborhoods was quite the eye opener. As a mormon who never lived in Utah I was so naive about the polygamy situation in utah.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:45AM

Are you sure her husband isn't a clever Danite, who came up with this story to discredit you and this board notmo? Or given your evangelical connections, and the fact that you have never been a Mormon, she is probably trying to use your niavete in order to get some speaking fees from your church. Let me guess, she needs money, and is willing to make a public statement for a little help with her rent.

Posted by: JUST BROWSING ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:46AM

This is the truth -I know from insiders that Jim Harmston's TLC (TRUE AD LIVING CHURCH) which was founded in Manti did perform marriage sealings in the Manti Temple - as one of their "APOSTLES" was a sealer and had the Temple Door Keys..

Also in a missionary effort to reclaim lost souls, some ward members actually accepted some polygamists families as fellowshipping prospects ..

JB

Date: January 29, 2012 12:59AM

So I had a quiet makeout spot to disappear to prepubescent peter priesthood on mutual nights doesn't mean it was ordained by my bishop much less LDS inc... Also being fellowshipped is a lot different than elders quorum president.

Also I'm not weeping yet...*rolls eyes

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 01:28AM

I know about the TLC church. I spent some time with Harmston and the Apostles and their families in the late '90s. Good folks.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:04AM

I went to BYU for 2 years, married an RM and then moved to a podunk little Mormon town in Utah for 10 years. I have probably studied more Mormon primary sources than most of the posters here. I now have a huge TBM family of which there are only a small handful of us who are not Mormon.

So this makes me not qualified to post here?

I wasn't trying to validate this woman's story..just repeating what she said. Other than these claims she was completely lucid and cogent. If you really think my post is a threat to the board then you haven't been here long enough!

She is divorced now and claims that they attended a ward in Provo and that people knew they were polygamists. I told her I didn't believe her whole story either.

BTW...Mr. ForbiddenCokeDrinker...what is your problem with my religious beliefs? Get a life.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.