Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:45AM

I didn't want to hijack Ca Girl's thread.

The most famous one is probably not true.

There was a young women attending a famous medical school (usually Harvard or John Hopkins in the tale) who was quiet and kept to herself. We all know how people like that are ostracized and bullied, so her fellow classmates decided to play a prank on her. One obtained a cadaver hand and tied it to her light- the kind that have the string to turn on. They waited in the dorm for her to pull the string and discover a dead person's hand instead. They waited and waited while she went in her room and then heard a strange crunching sound. They burst in her room to laugh at her and discovered her gnawing on the cadaver hand, apparently drive insane by cruel prank.

Anyway, while cadavers and body parts are usually kept under lock and key, it's whispered that some pranksters like to slip their fellow students a finger or a toe to stumble across in random belongings. Weird stuff, but probably true. :D Aren't urban legends fun?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 08:39AM

Thanks for the info.

The 'hand' story seems very like an urban legend, but many things are possible.

And, not so much a prank as a series of rather disgusting rumours. These may all be urban legends too, but we hear occasional rumours of morticians, technicians, medical students doing some extremely unhealthy things sexually with corpses.

Again, thanks.

Date: January 29, 2012 04:01PM

Unfortunately, it is a creepy truth that some morticians and other handlers of corpses get into the field to satisfy their deviant sexual fetish. Revolting.

Necrophilia is sometimes coupled with other disgusting fetishes, but is usually expressed by people who can't handle having a healthy relationship with living people.

While I know it doesn't really matter what happens to my body after I die, I'm still thinking cremation is the way to take care of that after being used for (hopefully) scientific uses.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 04:37PM

For other urban legends, sometimes true, check out darwinawards.com

Date: January 29, 2012 05:04PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.