Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 08:34AM

After all, it would require a superhuman effort for the leadership of TSCC (and various factions therein) to resist the temptation to attempt to influence a Mormon president.

And, as TSCC has singularly failed to resist the urge to interfere with and mould the laws and the execution of those laws in Utah (and to a lesser extent adjacent states) it seems highly likely that they would attempt to work with and through a Mormon president.

They might even resurrect the secret temple ceremony that Joseph Smith used to declare himself "King of the USA" or whatever the exact title was.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 08:35AM by matt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 08:38AM

Don't know to what extent but YES, be concerned. That is why I would never vote for Romney. Secrecy will be in full force, and wouldn't he have to "take orders" from the church hierarchy? There would be some checks and balances though. But I think he would TRY to please his church buds. Oh, the behind the scenes activity would be over the top?

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:07AM

I would never vote for Mitt Romney. But, Utah is Mormon territory, Mormon headquarters, and the church has unbelievable influence on everything.

It is totally different in Washington D.C. as it is in every state outside the Mountain West.

My question is what could Mitt actually do (that would also be supported by Congress) that would come from SLC and be dangerous? He has to get the support from non-mormons in Washington D.C. Utah is a different thing.

Mitt is also all the over the place in his views and is certainly not extreme right wing on many things.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:16AM

Mitt would appoint his own Cabinet.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 04:03PM

Nearly evryone around him would be Mormon. It is just a fact. Wonder how many on his staff now during these primaries are NOT Mormon????Also would he have czars like our current Prez...I expect they would be Mormon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 04:03PM by honestone.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:08AM

I think we should be concerned about any president who rejects the scientific evidence that Native Indians are descended Asian immigrants to the Americas in favor of a myth perpetuated by a man who was undeniably a fraud.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:37AM

Should the Mittsters unlikely administration occur, the cult will undoubtedly try to use him to its advantage. Should it come out in the press that executive decisions are being influenced by the cult, he'll be crucified on the spot.

A recent report says Mittens is worth more than the previous eight presidents combined. Should be obvious that he's a devout servant to the almighty dollar.

Those he truly serves can buy the cult with their lunch money. That's who I worry about.

Timothy

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:49AM

Terrible idea. I dont know wher the quote is from but it's something like 'A man cannot serve two masters.' Mittens needs to serve the people but that will conflict with serveing the church. If Mitt wins he didnt really win he's just a puppet for the current prophet.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:29PM

I thought to myself, Oh great there goes the Neighborhood, the mormon mishies will descend on Cuba in masses, LDS,Inc will immediately buy as much land as they can and build ten more awful temples. Maybe a Cuban cultural center.

I would not vote for a TBM.

Ever.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 04:18PM

this is all assuming that Mittens will win. I don't think so at all. I think that sometime during the presidential debates, Mitt will be asked his opinions about Gays. The administration has already laid out its position on Gays. In Hilary's speech to the UN last month, she said that the US now considers gay rights as human rights, and that US Foreign Aid will be tied to the treatment of gays in those countries that receive foreign aid. The Democratic Party has positioned itself as the champion of the gay movement, and the election will be almost exclusively about how this country feels about gay people. The Mormon church is able to influence smaller state elections in California and now Washington, but I question if they have the means to overcome that issue nationally. There may be other issues to talk about, but tscc won't stand a chance to hold influence over the whole country.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.