Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LochNessie ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 05:50PM

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/29/mitt_and_the_white_horse_prophecy/

Is Mitt a fulfillment of church prophecy that the constitution will hang by a thread? Will he finally make Joseph Smith's dream of a mormon theocracy government come true? Oh, and Mitt and his all white special cougar club friends were beleieving this at BYU.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 06:22PM

An interesting article. Thank you.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 07:53PM

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 09:02PM

I printed out that article and am taking it to work to show two non-mormons what their mormon co-workers believe. Both of them have asked me about the white horse prophesy so this will fill in the details nicely! thanks!

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:07AM

but that article gave me all kinds of creeps! Not to mention that familiar queasy feeling that I don't get so much anymore when Mormonism is discussed. The one that makes me feel more disgusted and angry than accepting of the giant load of crap that was foisted upon me as a child.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:16AM

I hadn't heard that.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:38AM

I know for a damn fact that this was spoken of and taught in church all the time while I was growing up.

I did my mission time 89-91 and it was spoken of constantly.

I woke up & left the morg in 2000 and at least up till then it was spoken of and taught.

Period. It happened to all of us. Every person who ever went to an Institute class or even gospel doctrine. We all heard it.

So did ever other mormon out there.

Now here is this article with Mittens saying “It’s been rejected by every church leader that has talked about it. It has nothing to do with anything.”

I hope that mormons will read that sentence and say to themselves, "but I was taught that". Then I hope they say "what else don't I know?".

This is so much fun to watch!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 07:06AM

for the end of Mormon mainstreaming attempt.

Their greed for power topping even the greed for money will cause all the issues they have buried with time to rise from the past to haunt them.

There are no people on earth more diligent researchers than a presidential campaign. Every piece of dirt will be dug out, every wacky thing their preacher said--even 25 years ago--will be aired under the banner, "Does Romney believe this? How about THIS? Remember how they did that to Obama with his preacher?

Oh, yeah, they will walk that White Horse right out on the tarmac. What we see happening now is a big divide between what's being discussed on TV and what's being talked about on the internet. HUGE difference. It is politically incorrect to talk about a candidate's religion on TV, BUT THE INTERNET IS WHERE FREE SPEECH LIVES and people are yapping their heads off about crazy Mormon beliefs. It is the mummy-unwrapping of our time.

The evidence of this phenomenon is the recent announcement by church officials that Mormons are not defiling the remains of dead people when they baptize for the dead. Whaaaa? I never heard anything about baptism for the dead on NBC or CNN.

So we are going to see the results of the internet in the form of poll results. The pollsters say there is something "not likeable" or "not connecting" about Romney and they just can't put their finger on it.

Well, the internet is putting their finger right on that G spot and it's an M spot. It's the Mormonism, people do care about your religion.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.