Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 11:45PM

Carrie Sheffield is my exmo hero!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-mormon-church-in-need-of-reform/2012/01/27/gIQA3s44aQ_story.html

Yes, Mormons love families. But the family-values facade applies only if you stay in the fold. Former Mormons know the family estrangement and bigotry that often come with questioning or leaving the church

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:43AM

What the Mormon church really needs, though, is destruction, because its main purpose is to steal the members' money. I don't see any way to reform that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 12:49AM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:51AM

+100!!! Good point.

Posted by: Drunk Sailor ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:44AM

Is there an open comment forum there..? didn't see any. That one will be explosive for the TBM.s sifting through the news.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:55AM

with a hyperlink to the comments.

Posted by: Warren Steed Jeffs, Prophet of the Lord ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 02:53AM

The proper home for those not wanting reform is in my flock. I hope Monson and his 14 lapdogs will ignore this WaPO bs and follow me as we make up the core of those Mormons who refuse to reform. I will need Monson and his followers to first send me their tithes and tear down these prison walls.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 03:16AM

Had you been the real WSJ it would have been gibberish sprinkled with limp wristed threats about how your invisble pal is going to smite those who don't release him from prison.

;)

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:05PM

This time... Denial C.Peterson made a mysterious cameo on a post of mine elsewhere, however...

Let's give the whole thread a free cab ride to the top, okay? Yeah, there are two of them, but hey, let's spread the good news.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 02:58AM

is to be; taxed as the corporation that it really is, prosecuted as the crime it really is, laughed & mocked as the joke it really is, forced into bankruptcy and oblivion as the embarrassment to the human race that it really is.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:26AM

Perhaps one of these hacker groups should go checking though the church computers and find out the truth about the cash going where it does then publish the resolts very publicly.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 03:19PM

I've bookmarked and saved all these articles. Every day I see a new one about either Mormonism, Mitt Romney, or both. It's about time we had the ex-mo perspective in the spotlight. Monson & Co. wanted to have their Mormon moment......let them now enjoy the fruits and reap their reward ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.