Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shrek's Sister ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:15AM

My ex-husband's grandfather had this "honor" bestowed upon him, I was told by my ex while we were still married (many yrs. ago). I always thought it meant that he is "guaranteed" a place in the Celestial Kingdom, but maybe not (?). Anyway, I know it's a moot point now (bec. I'm no longer a member of that Club), but still curious about this subject----and if it does mean what I've always believed, then how very "presumptuous" of ----------anyone ----to supposedly "know" who will and/or will not make it into "Heaven"----no matter what their religious affiliation is, period.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:18AM

Search on this board under "Second Anointing". There have been some very detailed posts lately.

Cheers

Anagrammy

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:39AM

Might be a Mitt point.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:15PM

It means that the Mormon 'church' does not really believe in the saving power of Christ's Atonement.

Therefore, they are trying again and again to come up with just the right magical words to force (bind) God into compliance.

The same goes for the numerous rules and regulations they try to impose on members in order to bind them to the church.

Basically, this is occult behavior.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:43PM

I hadn't thought of it that way. It is certainly against Christ teachings.

Man cannot see into the heart of men; therefore, there is no way that men could bestow this kind of status on others.

The practice is heresy.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:08PM

It means you drink 200 proof Mormon kool-aid 24/7 and you're filthy stinking rich.

It means you're re-enacting a ritual/concept stolen from the Masons by the High Grandmaster Plagiarist himself, Joseph Smith.

It means you are the "Grand High Poobah of Upper Butt Crack"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_iv1no1eo

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:09PM

It means you go directly to the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. Of course, it's all imaginary, but it means something to the believers.
It has no bearing on anyone else.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:48PM

It's just one more control tactic used on the really high ups to keep them ensnared. It's the same as giving your dog sirloin instead of an ordinary bit of kibble for doing a special trick.

When I was young, it was rumored to be a visit from Jesus or his side-kick, HG. It turns out to be like all the other mormon BS.
They hand them out as freely as soft drink coupons now and once you get it you can nominate two more. Yeah--it's real special!

I guess they've got to do something to combat google and the information age.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.