Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gerry ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:23PM

Personally, if I knew the whole thing was a fraud and my entire career was centered on a fraud, I'd be suicidal.

How do they cope?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:29PM

My bishop would always go back to his trusty stand-by saying to focus only on the simple truths. There's some scripture that says about the same thing.

In other words, if you selectively stick your head in the hand on the weird stuff (la la la!! can't hear or see you!!), you can get by just fine.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:30PM

Head in hand would be a face palm, lol!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:55PM

If you only thought about yourself and the power you would have over others, you would not be suicidal. You'ld be laughing at the idiots you fooled and all the real TBMs.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:17PM

Why should they feel bad? It's a business. They're selling a product, lots of people are buying.

It's no worse than the Fed creating money out of nothing and charging interest on it...

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:11PM

They lack a conscious, they probably love the money, and notoriety. When I was a teen growing up in a well-known household in a community, I was content and privileged(now looking back trying to figure out why I never questioned my beliefs back then...) Going off to BYU-I and being in the in crowd...I had no need to question all of it? I felt safe and ignorance was my bliss. It wasn't until I was alone in a different state with a lot of extra time on my hands that I finally did my research.

If I was a GA, I would spill the beans(but none of them probably will)... sometimes I fantasize about that--being able to bring down a giant stupid religious business LDS inc. that would be the greatest. I can't stand the Mormon church!

Novice People--I am going to avoid them from here on out as much as possible.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 07:52PM

I think in order to be a GA you have to give up your wealth and then you are made a head of some corporations and receive payments (income). I think this keeps the GAs humble. If they spill the beans, then they are broke. Am I correct?

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:05PM

So that is why they get people to agree to the law of consecration. It would be an effective control mechanism.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 07:57PM

with all of the attorney's, i wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of agreement to not talk bad about the church if you leave. The church covers its ass on everything else, why not that?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:27PM

They know it's a fraud.
They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:28PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.