Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Belperboy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:36PM

In response to my request to have my name removed. In yet another example of complete arrogance he proceeds to tell me "as you already know, this decision is a mistake, and you will only compound problems resulting from mistakes of the past. This decision will not bring you or your family happiness but will only increase sorrow for yourself and your family."
I'm fuming. Just when I thought I'd got a handle on how ignorant and arrogant these MoRons are another one goes and surprises me.
Like he has any idea of what my future holds snd to the contary, ever since deciding to leave the church my life has gotten continually better.
On the positive side, he's agreed not to contact me anymore and has completed the paperwork and forwarded it to the SP. All only 2 weeks after I'd originally sent my email request to SL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:41PM

He must have a peep stone

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:48PM

Mormons are so stuck living in their fantasy past and future that they have NO IDEA what year or century we are living in. Forget that idiot's "prophesy" - they love to predict everyone else's future downfall. If he is so good at predicting the future, then how come he isn't the #1 competitor for richest man in the world already? He's just a pompous, power-hungry nobody who takes his "calling" to be your religulous overlord way too seriously.

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:51PM

I would be beyond mad if I were you.

Mormons are so brainwashed it is disgusting. I just got off the phone with my dad...he went to my cousin's mission homecoming yesterday. The morg. to my dismay sounds strong and brainwashed still.

If I were you I would write some smug reply incorporating your findings and what lead you out of the church. Let him know that his definition of happiness is not yours. But, that's just what I would do;)

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:52PM

Consider it a parting gift to remember how glad you are to be done.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:56PM

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:57PM

years from now it will be a great conversation piece.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 11:21PM

Or send a letter to the editor and quote him, just to show how the LDS church uses threats and manipulation to keep members in.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:57PM

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it is against the law for him to condemn you that way.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:31PM

How so?

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:47PM

Once you officially state your intent to resign, they have to leave you alone. The words of that a$$hat bishop could be considered harassment of an ex-member.

You bet he "agreed" to no more contact...it's the law.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:59PM

Aren't you glad to leave an organization with leaders like that creepy guy?

Posted by: openeyes ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 04:59PM

Mormons think they know best -- don't give them that power.

You might want to consider instead of your "...request to have my name removed...," Just give them "notice" you've resigned. The rest is internal stuff on their end.

You don't need their permission, you're already out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 06:49PM by openeyes.

Posted by: clownjedi ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:14PM

WHen I received my letter informing me that my name had been removed from the records, I framed it, and hung it on my I Love Me wall in the office.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:17PM

Dear (whatever his title-free name is),

Whatta ya say we check in after a few years to see which of us is happier?

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:42PM

Tell him he is entitled to his opinion and you are entitled to yours. In the end they are opinions. Time will tell if you are happy or unhappy with the decision, at some point in the future you can let him know how you are doing...

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:45PM

Keep it and in a few years write him a note about how well you and your family are doing, how much happier you are, how you have more time and money for your family......

and how NONE of his dire predictions have come to pass.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:53PM

This bish has no basis for his "opinion" beyond fanaticism. I don't think he has a right to say it out loud to anyone. Given half a chance I'd call him on it.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:55PM

Belperboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> proceeds to tell me "as you already know, this
> decision is a mistake, and you will only compound
> problems resulting from mistakes of the past. This
> decision will not bring you or your family
> happiness but will only increase sorrow for
> yourself and your family."
> I'm fuming.

I would be too.

It makes me angry just reading about it... and I'm a nevermo.

But you sort of just have laugh. I mean, what a complete case of arrogance and self-delusion he has. He's throwing a wee trantrum because you have the nerve to not kiss his ass!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:23PM

He is pissed off because you did what he does not have the balls to do.

Posted by: Belperboy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:36PM

Can't decide whether it would be a waste of time to write him back telling him what a dick he is. My wife has already decided she wants out too. A week or so after I resigned my membership the RS started love bombing her, inviting her out for lunch etc. she thought it was a ridulous contrast to the attention she has received before.
I still owe the bishop a mouthful for basically trying to convince my wife it might be best to leave me as I was inactive at the time.

Posted by: scotto ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 07:00PM

Congratulations on your wife wanting out too, that is huge.

This is what I would do in your situation: Do nothing. In a week or two ask him if he had been notified that you have resigned. Leave him with the impression that you never received/read the letter. He wants you to get indignant, don't give him the satisfaction.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:08PM

I really like this idea, pretending not to have received his stupid insults at all. :)

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:41PM

If you are not with us,,you are against us!!! It seems that anyone who chooses their own life and lifestyle besides mormonism is wrong. I have been told that many times. Kinda proud of it myself. Maybe you should send him a reply thanking him for his advice.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:44PM

I would tell him to save his pearls of wisdom for an actual church member, because you yourself are not a member.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:55PM

That letter could only be written by a cult leader. If anyone ever says "Mormonism is not a cult" show them that letter.

Posted by: pamarnold ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 07:11PM

I have been out of the church for almost a year and I cannot begin to tell you how much better it gets as time goes on. I have never had second thoughts about it. It was the absolute best decision I have ever made. More so than having my husband or kids......because it made me value them so much more. My love for my family has grown 10 fold and I will always be greatful for the pain of leaving because it taught me the value of what love is all about.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:33PM

It would be a waste of time to try and say anything to him. He's stuck in his mindset, so anything you said would just get a, "That's so sad," reply from him. It's annoying, but unfortunately you can't change how he thinks.

I agree that it's just a great reminder for you, so that you can remember why you left and that it was a good thing to do.

Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:45PM

Belperboy,

This sounds soooooo similar to what happened to my husband and I when we announced to our stake president that we were "taking a break" from church.

One of the stake counselors actually told my husband that he KNEW that we thought this would make our lives happier and easier, but IN FACT, it would be just the opposite. Our lives would become harder and more unhappy.

I am so very pleased to report, that his "so-called" prophesy has been the complete opposite of what has happened.

Our relationship with our chilren has improved 150%! They are all adults now and we absolutely love spending time with them!

My husband and I are probably the happiest we have been in years. Our relationship has improved 150%. We love our lives!!!

Living well is always the best revenge! I'm still friends with a few TBM friends and I make sure everyone knows how wonderful my life has become!

Ignore the ignoramus! He's a sad, sad sack!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 09:10PM

oh ya, typical, especially in the past. You are reneging on your sacred commitments and covenants and that, in their view, is not a recipe for happiness.

But, of course, it's only his opinion. Has absolutely nothing to do with you. It's his belief, not yours.
You can't change other people, so in the spirit of peace of mind, leave his opinions with him. They are only his, after all.
We are all entitled to our opinions! :-)

Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 10:30PM

I think you should respond...

"I am not a member anymore and request no further contact."

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 10:39PM

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 10:40PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 11:08PM

the letter of resignation should be send to ALL concerned, not just SL; Bp, SP, & SL.

If your communication included a phrase similar to "only future communication is Limited to verification of fulfillment of this request", they are Guilty of Harassment.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 11:48AM

"as you already know, this decision is a mistake,"

Well if you didn't "already know" that then the guy is totally wrong. Let him know he was wrong. Suggest that he seems to adamantly believe and expound things that are wrong. Suggest to him that this failing might extend to his testimony.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.