Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Grey ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 09:01PM

Link: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/01/30/shafia-trial-six-perspectives-on-honour-killing/

Some interesting comments:

No Surprise that this one came from a Muslim, Shenny Karmali:

"Usually, I think those [strict actions] [i.e. the honour murder of innocent girls]come from a place of good intentions, but sometimes there’s a disconnect"

There also this comment about the mormon Mormon control of women. This one from a more sensible Muslim, Alia Hogben:

"She believes these kinds of killings can happen in any culture that’s dominated by men. “Do you think the Mormons, who have been here for generations, don’t have patriarchy?” she asks. “Anywhere there’s patriarchy, which allows you to say ‘Men have to be the protectors and guardians of women’ is heading for trouble.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 11:08AM

Like those two brothers who killed the one's wife and daughter because the wife didn't want to participate in polygamy.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 11:34AM

"Suppose you found your brother in bed with your wife, and put a javelin through both of them, you would be justified, and they would atone for their sins, and be received into the kingdom of God. I would at once do so in such a case; and under such circumstances, I have no wife whom I love so well that I would not put a javelin through her heart, and I would do it with clean hands."
Brigham Young, Delivered in the Tabernacle, Great Salt Lake City, March 16, 1856. Reported By: G. D. Watt.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:28PM

I am dumbfounded by the words that came out of this man's mouth! Had I had access to any of his quotes before I joined the church, I would have definitely walked away. He seems completely void of a heart, but had a complete infatuation with his lower appendage.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:46PM

Definately adoration material for a Heartless Organization;

Lets: Turn over EVERYTHING to his care, AND Name our University / educational system after him!

I sometimes wonder what the 15 think about him ... IF they study All the Facts, that is.

Im quessing they'd say something like: "Well, HF NEEDED a trail boss with Absolute Authority to get the saints established in Zion."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.