Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 03:30AM

I keep reading in threads time after time from all of you about us somehow being apostates to the Morg.

I just wanna set the record straight clearly.

An apostacy, according to the Morg, is a falling away from truth.

How can any of us been fallen away from truth when we have embraced truths that the morg itself validates?

We all read diligently and found out about polyandry in addition to the gross details of JS's polygamy. We all clung tight to blood atonement taught by BY in the Journal of Discourses as well as ppl living on the sun and the moon as taught by BY and JS both.

In the end, the TRUTHFUL facts spoke louder than scripture could ever speak. "Man cannot live on bread alone", nor can they live on MILK alone.

We have embraced truth regardless of what it says to us so long as its the unadulterated valid truth. Pure and simple truth, not watered down, sugar coated crap!

I said this before, I will say it again. If God is perfect, and he felt that our era was ready for eternal marraige, polygamy, polyandry, blood atonement, etc..., then we are ready to give up the milk and partake of the meat.

The morg is the apostacy. We are not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 05:34AM

I use, and will continue to use the word ironically.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 05:50AM

Those who are used to a word or like it will probably continue to use it. I like some of the connotations of the word.

A similar misuseage is "brainwashing" being used when "mindcontrol" is more accurate. Many posters prefer brainwashing though it isn't quite as accurate.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 08:34AM

Noun 1. apostasy - the state of having rejected your religious beliefs or your political party or a cause (often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes)

Repentance:
Greek word Metanoeo, meaning to change one's mind and purpose, as the result of after knowledge.

You don't really apsostacize from falsehood, you repent

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 10:15AM

...but geez, if we're going to have a whole topic on the definition of a word, shouldn't we spell it correctly?

Apostasy.

And neither "apsostacize" or apostacize are words. The correct term is "apostatize."

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 10:34AM

Thanks for the reminder...
I think somebody pointed that out before but it didn't sink in, I guess.

Apostasy is awesome! Everyone should take the opportunity to apostatize.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 10:25AM

When I first left the church, the A-word (apostasy) was very emotionally charged and derogatory. It felt horrible to classify myself as an apostate. So I avoided using it for a while until I realized I was proud to be an apostate.

With time, I have come to accept that title as an ironic badge of honor. I also like to apply the word "heretic" to myself, because it implies that the church is trying to suppress and control opposing points of view with punitive measures (although they don't sink to physical torture that was used to punish heretics).

People don't need to accept the negative labels OTHER people give to them.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 10:36AM

Remember, inside every TBM is an apostate crying to get out.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 10:41AM

Just trying to put the "faith promoting" spin (for those about to discover the truth of the TSCC) to the word that is used to bastardize a group of ppl who are brave enough to walk away from an apostate religion.

Also, I tend to jump on my soap box and preach when I drink tequilla. :O

Maybe I should have drank tequilla when it was my turn to teach Elders Quorum back in my apostate days?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.