Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cr@ig P@xton ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:48PM

I would love to go back and read some of the original posts I made to RFM some 9 years ago. Do they exist somewhere - anywhere?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:30PM

I googled your name just now, and some old things came up (mostly newer stuff). But I'm not sure where to look on-site.

I think the old archives are gone. But it wouldn't hurt to e-mail admin and ask about old posts.

I printed out a lot of my posts when I first left, and kept them in a notebook, as a journal. I was a bigtime journaler for many years, and I wish I had printed them all so I could reread my complete transformation.

Good luck finding your stuff.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:33PM

hows it hanging? I remember when you were not "allowed" to post here...wifee...and you had to change your moniker to your current one... i hope all is well!! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 01:33PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:38PM

Old Bio board posts are saved but not the main board. We have not been forced to do a date delete with the new ware but if there are things people want to keep they should get them off. I am spending a LOT of time trying to clean out old off topic stuff to keep size down and that will not be able to continue for ever.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 02:01PM

Hey Cr@ig, Long time, glad to see your still around.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 02:19PM

There is excellent free software available for use in storing information in a data base on your PC.

Go to: www.treepad.com

The Treepad-Lite version is freeware. I suggest that you download it and use it on a trial basis for a while. If it provides all the function that you want/need then you are all set. If you want more function then look into the other Treepad versions.

I use the Treepad Business Edition because it allows me to password-protect my data base. I have used that software for 14 years and it is an excellent product.

If you value your RFM posts then you should use Treepad to save them. Don't count on the RFM website to archive and make your posts available over a multi-year time span.

With Treepad you can easily save your RFM posts or anyone else's posts. You can organize them by topic. Saving posts to Treepad makes a lot more sense than printing them and putting the printout in a loose-leaf binder. Since the software is free, there is no reason to NOT give it a try.

If you start using Treepad, then you should save a copy of your database to a Flash Drive on a daily or at least a weekly basis. Use multiple flash drives (they are cheap -- about $18 for a 16GB flash drive at Walmart) so that you can keep a flash drive off premises from your home. That is insurance against any disaster at home causing you to loose all the data on your PC.

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 02:59PM

How about the WayBack Machine?

http://www.archive.org/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.