Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: L.A.ex ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 02:46AM

So I read the article on Reuters http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/31/us-mormonchurch-idUSTRE80T1CM20120131 where when a member asked if the leaders knew that members were "leaving in droves?" Jensen replied:

"We are aware," said Jensen, according to a tape recording of his unscripted remarks. "And I'm speaking of the 15 men that are above me in the hierarchy of the church. They really do know and they really care," he said.

Since I am no longer a Mormon and am not required to feel like there is a dark conspiracy (Gadiantons at work!) behind every negative news story involving the church, I am going to assume this news story is accurate.

What the hell is with the article in the Trib yesterday where Jensen backs off everything that he said?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53408134-78/church-lds-mormon-faith.html
Jensen insists critics overstate the LDS exodus over the church’s history.

“I have heard that our overall activity, especially in the United States, is as good as it’s ever been,” he said. “To say we are experiencing some Titanic-like wave of apostasy is inaccurate.”

This is a classic apologist type lie. "I have heard" and "as good as its ever been" are statements that are vague, impossible to prove, and completely meaningless.
Its an opportunity to distort the truth while being able to tell yourself that you are "honest with your fellow men".
Every statement he makes in this article is dishonest. What despicable jerks. They screw with peoples minds and their lives and they don't even care. There is a special place in hell for people like this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 02:56AM

This is why we never do business with Mormons! Almost my entire TBM family are like this. There is a certain political candidate who's been accused of this. You are absolutely correct, LA ex. LDS, Inc doesn't disclose its financials, it invents its own statistics, it is a hoax cult. Its founder was a liar, polygamist, and a convicted felon. He and his kind are at the core of Mormonism. Lousy!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 03:07AM

"but they're not leaving in herds!"

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 10:22AM

Flip...

...Flop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.