Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:18PM

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700220941/Mormons-opening-up-in-an-Internet-world.html

I don't really think the inoculation thing will help as much as they think. In the 70's my sunday school teacher told us 13 yr olds about the stone in the hat. Our response? "Is church over yet? we wanna go huck rocks at things." We didn't care about any of that and had no idea why he was telling us that--we just wanted to go home. I heard just about everything other than polyandry, spiritual eye witness, and View of Hebrews. Until I was on a mission, and started thinking for myself, those things just didn't bother me that much. Then once more facts start coming out and you reflect on all the other stuff its like: "wait, this isn't normal is it...only a crazy person would claim to see words on a rock and only even crazier people would actually believe it."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:25PM

Yes Virginia, there is a PR department at the 'Only True and Living Church on the Face of the Earth'.

Would you like to learn More? I can put you in touch with...

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:29PM

Yes but by commenting on it, they're acknowledging it's out there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.