Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:42PM

She is more accepting than I thought. He will turn 8 this year, and after we talked, she said "I don't want him to be baptized."

She continued "He is too inquisitive and thinks too much about things. So I don't want him to take part in a tradition he doesn't believe in. I want him to follow his own path and discover his own solutions. He asks questions that most people don't ask, so I want him to do his own thing and find his own way. Wherever he ends up in belief, at least he worked his way there and will be comfortable."

I didn't expect that.

She also watched the McClennan's podcast and asked me questions about Adam-God and such that she hadn't heard of.

She was fairly apologetic in her initial responses to her questions but let me explain my own reasons for leaving.

People will always surprise me.

She was a textbook definition of a stereotypical TMB Molly.

I'm blown away...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:43PM

I'm so happy for you!

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:44PM

Yeah that's awesome news...seriously, your kid sounds pretty epic. I'm really happy your ex is coming around!! Keep updating us!:)

Posted by: fetching49 ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:45PM

*Picking jaw up off floor* That is AWESOME!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:49PM

That Catholic education may be part of your son's tendency to question. I was exposed to other religions as a child and it was good for me. I grew up seeing that there were a variety of beliefs and that Mormons didn't have a monopoly on goodness. Seeing different bweliefs also helped me form questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 09:51PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 10:04PM

Little Mystic even stated this. "how can two groups be so sure?"

He said to my ex-wife at a testimony meeting a while back "I want to go up there and tell them I KNOW they are all liars. They don't have a time machine to KNOW if anything is like they say it is. They think it is, but nobody can know without a time machine."

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:49PM

I would venture to guess the reporting this week on Jensen's candid comments will allow the door to open a crack in many places.

It will be much harder to characterize the apostate as a lone rebel among a sea of faithful believers, since according to the Reuters article Jensen confirms "people leaving in DROVES."

That the COB is "aware of" and plans on responding to the issues should be a signal to every TBM -- sit the hell down and get EDUCATED. If it wasn't a REAL issue the leaders would not respond and would not worry.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:54PM

Great news! Especially for wee Mystic!

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 10:29PM

It sure sounds like she is on her way out.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 03:57AM

coolness...

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 11:45AM

Wow.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! ;-)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 12:31PM

My bottomline thought is that no amount of brainwashing can overcome a mother's devotion to her child. When the argument is made that a child needs to learn to think for herself/himself, that a child must learn how to ask questions and evaluate answers to be fully functional as a confident adult...it's hard for any parent to argue against that.

The most powerful anti-Mormon statement is: I want my Mormon child to rely on authority figures to do the thinking for them.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 12:41PM

Posted by: rose2008 ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 01:39PM

Hey, I was a stereotypical definition of a TBM molly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.