Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 03:37PM

While discussing Romney, I told this return mish that I read all about how the items of priority for TBMs are family, church, country. He wants me to tell him where I got that info........

Here is a portion of his response:
Where is your evidence that his first loyalty is not to this country? That's a pretty strong accusation. Has he said this? Certainly not. Is it based in Mormon doctrine? If it is, that applies to the private sphere, not to the public one. Nobody, unless directly employed by the church, is encouraged to allow their membership in the church or their position in the church to have undue influence in discharging their public services or duties. In fact, no church goes out of its way quite so much to assert strict political neutrality.

I am a bit surprised that he doesn't know the doctrine (admits it anyway) and is asking me.....I am certain I know WAY more about the doctrine that he does, but where did I read this? Does anyone have a handy reference (based on doctrine) of where it does say family, church, country? THANKS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 01:08AM by enoughenoch19.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 03, 2012 04:11PM

Posted by: doris ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 04:12PM

to be honest i dont think he would listen even if you have concret evedience .i to was told the church comes first i bet many have been told the same thing. some people still wont listen about all the lies and deciet even if it bit them on the bum

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 04:19PM

enoughenoch19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In fact, no church goes out of its way quite so much to assert strict political neutrality.

Uh huh. He's a moron you can't argue with a moron.

Posted by: Jf ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:12PM

Neil maxwell had a talk that basically said our loyalties should be to church first and then country. I will try to find the reference.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:19PM

Well, the church teaches that gawd should be numero uno above even family, sooooo... If Romney is a true blue Peter Priesthood and if he is in good standing in the church and holds a pass into the holy of holies dunking room then it follows that gawd, and since the morg is gawd's organization on earth, the morg is his first priority.

But, ya can't fix stupid!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:26PM

Ezra Taft Benson wrote a book called "God, family, country, our three great loyalties"

My guess is this might be where that idea would stem from.

Posted by: anonymous ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:32PM

None of the ordinances, baptism, temple endowment, sacrament, include oaths of loyalty to country. In the temple we raise our arms to the square and make an oath to give everything we have, even our very life, to the COJCOLDS not the USA. Mitt Romney has taken this oath and he did it when the death penalty was still part of the endowment.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:33PM

Howard Hunter said (while sitting on the Throne) that family was First.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 10:37PM

Romney is saying the same in an ad here in NV. He is talking about family, family, family. Must get the family in line in other words. The LDS will take the family unit from there, I guess.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 05:03AM

I'm sure he is looking out for his family.

Date: February 03, 2012 05:54PM

What are COJCOLDS?

Posted by: anonymous ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:57PM

Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints.

Date: February 03, 2012 06:01PM

COJCOLDS: Crappy Old Joes Crock of Lame Dog Shit

My other favorite is: Church of cheese and rice and rattling snakes. said fast, it sounds pretty close. We used it on door approaches when trying to break up the monotony.

Date: February 03, 2012 06:05PM

Well, under penalty of death and arm raised to the square, me, Mitt Romney, and many of the people on here (pre 1990--post 1990 not death but sumthing very bad I can tell you) promised this:

You do consecrate yourselves, your time, talents and everything which the Lord has blessed you, or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, for the building up of the Kingdom of God on the earth and for the establishment of Zion.

Date: February 03, 2012 05:58PM

THANKS, of course DUH!!

Date: February 06, 2012 03:30AM

As a follow up, I provided a strong back up band for the return mish (i.e. real sources from real Morg authorities). He had nothing to say at first but finally emailed and said "Well it doesn't matter what those early ones said, what the current profit says is what counts!" REALLY? So JS and BY don't even matter huh? WOW!
I gave up - I just told him that I will not even try to talk any sense into him b/c his head is a thick as a monolith.
One thing that did get to my funny bone is that the return mish asked how I knew about the temple stuff and the oaths made there........ I told him that there is this new invention he should check out called the INTERNET. I told him there are NO secrets in the LD$ Inc anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 03:40AM by enoughenoch19.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 03:54AM

wow, you have family ahead of church!

What MORmON church did you grow up in?

In the MORmON family that I was raised in, My MORmoN male parent looked down on abraham, because if asked to sacrifice one of his children, it would have been done so fast there wouldn't have been any hesitation time to call it off.
My MORmON Male parent always put THE church first.

Date: February 06, 2012 04:55AM

Lucky - many Morgs preach the importance of family. I'm not saying that it is followed or anything like that, but some TBMs seem to have the family all tied up with the church (eternal family and all that crap) to the point where the two FAMILY and CHURCH are nearly the same. I'm not saying that it should be that way of course, just that some Morgs preach this kind of thinking. It is late and I might be confusing everyone. Sorry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.