Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jf ( )
Date: February 05, 2012 11:35PM

As a TBM I believed all my financial blessings were a result of paying tithing. I stopped paying tithing about two years ago. Since then I have had several work contracts come my way without even marketing my services, nearly doubling my annual gross income.

How can this be? No tithing, and yet the windows of heaven are opening to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 05, 2012 11:40PM

Funny how that happens.

Posted by: newfreedom ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 12:48AM

I have more money in savings and more time to spend with my kids. I definitely 'feel' that I have more blessings after resignation.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 08:17AM

When I first divorced, I was still active LDS, trying to pay tithing and feeling guilty when I couldn't. And I could not even begin to figure out how in the world I was going to support myself, let alone ever retire, if I didn't remarry. And frankly, I've never, on a gut level, had the desire to marry again.

But instead of paying tithing, I started trying to get more education. Funny how that works. I am not well off, but I am comfortable, certainly would not want any material things if it meant having to be mormon. And I thank the universe that I never jumped into another marriage because I wouldn't have the life I have today and the freedom to be myself that I have now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.