Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 02:20AM

The Mormon church has throughout its existence, following the death of Joseph smith, has said from the pulpit that the government and the Constitution was brought forth by the hand of god. They always say that they support the laws of the land and they are so firm in that belief, they baptized the founding fathers. In reality though, they don't practice that doctrine.
I was at one time the SS Prez of my ward. At the time I had two DD who were attending seminary after their high school classes. One Sunday the bishop called me into his office and said that someone had said they had seen my oldest smoking cigarettes behind the chapel. I was dumbfounded. I said to that I didn't believe it, and that I would talk to her. We left it at that for the time being. I went to the rest of the meetings and when I got home, I told her what the bishop said. She immediately denied it and said it wasn't her and she asked me who said it. I know my DD and she was telling the truth. I know, devoted parent. The next Sunday I went to the bishop and we went into his office. I said that DD said it wasn't her and I believe her. The bishop said ok, that was good enough for him. It wasn't for me, I asked him who it was that said it. My concern was that I did know that it was not one of the other students, it was an adult. So I said I wanted a meeting with the person who said it, DD, myself and him. He told me he wasn't going to do that. It was 15 years ago and I am still infuriated. I said that the laws of the land allow you to confront your accuser. Maybe it was the word confront, but he refused. He said the church doesn't work that way. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything and they can do it annon and the accuser is protected by the church.
So they say they believe god inspired the Constitution, but they don't have to follow what it says. That's my rant. I hated that Bishop after that. Oh, I found out later who the accuser was, and she had a DD in the same seminary class. I wonder about her motives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.