Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notion ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:26AM

I just got across this post ... the then 15-yr old girl killed a 9-yr old, stabbed and cut her throat because she "wanted to know what it felt like." She got sentenced today. After the murder she went to a church dance ...

http://news.yahoo.com/mo-teen-gets-life-possible-parole-killing-141938731.html

I wondered if this was the TSCC and yep it was.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=379234

She's probably too young to know about blood atonement but I wonder if that was one of the reasons she wanted to try it. Obviously, there are many things wrong with her, I'm not trying to say the church is to blame, just wondering if there was a connection.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:32AM

I highly doubt the old Mormon doctrine of Blood Atonement had anything to do with it. Most ADULT Mormons aren't even familiar with it, let a lone a 15 year old.

She's just a VERY troubled teen and probably a psychopath.

Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:34AM

I hadn't heard of this before... but at the end where it talks about her going to a church dance, I wondered if she was LDS... I am not sure why.

What a sick, sick person.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:50AM

Where did I miss this info? I barely finished the article 5 minutes ago and was appalled at this girl's violent actions. The article I read stated she went to church, it didn't specify a church dance.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 01:42PM

At the bottom of the first link, it says she went to church to attend a dance after the killing. The second link says she attended the local Mormon church. This girl is troubled indeed. Very sad.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:58AM

"Mo" means Missouri not Mormon.

Ron

Date: February 08, 2012 12:00PM

"Since moving to St. Martins, Alyssa Bustamante has attended the Jefferson City location of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or Mormon church, with her grandparents. KRCG is told Alyssa participated in several different youth activities at the church."

Date: February 08, 2012 12:04PM

Here's my question:

Why do so many psychopaths have acne and pock marks? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Ron

Posted by: notion ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 01:38PM

Yeah, the first article just says she went to a youth dance at church. The second one talks about it being mormon church.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 02:20PM

They fall through the cracks and don't get the loving care and help they need through our medical system.

Just drugging them is insufficient. The youth of today need a whole lot of things to help them a. be safe b. deal with stress, depression, anxiety and be offered therapy and meds as needed with guidance of course c. have something positive to do that will empower them and help them feel like their life is not only worth living but excited about it

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 02:47PM

I'm convinced these kinds of minds are as disabled as other physical deformities. Is it nature or nurture? I'm convinced it's nature from what I have read.
What is the cure for a psychopath? I don't think there is any. Lock them up.

EDIT: she may or may not be a psychopath -- from my reading, she was on drugs for depression. We just don't know how much those drugs interfere with logically thinking with kids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 02:53PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 08:34PM

She's a poor troubled girl because she's female and 15 years old. If she had been a guy and the "troubled" aspect had not acted out until he was 25 we'd all be here talking about how "an eternity of hell was too good for this worthless POS."

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 02:57AM

The girl was born to a drug addicted mother, was deserted by her parents and was living with her grandmother. She was on medication which may have been a factor. Apparently she had had a very troubled life.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 09:56AM

I read that her father was imprisoned, and her parents were teenagers when she was born. I'm guessing that her parents didn't take her to church, and that that fun began when her grandmother took her in (2002, she would have been about 9). Obviously the mormon grandma had problems with her own as well. Very sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.