Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 12:22AM

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19165052&title=lds-bishop-will-stand-trial-for-failure-to-report-abuse-charges&s_cid=featured-4

This is a troubling quote, but does point out the problems of getting Mormon bishops involved with these kinds of things:

"And then he said that I need to think about what (the boy) is going through, and I don't need to start telling the cops or anything because he's already going to have to go through a bunch of repentance and all that stuff," the girl told the investigator.

Moon also told her she needed to consider what the boy "has to deal with for the rest of his life," the girl said. She said she replied: "Yeah, but I have to deal with stuff for the rest of my life, too."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 01:20AM

mormons are EXPERTS at Denial!

Im surprised it wasn't in the SL Olympics!

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 02:39AM

He was just doing what many other bishops have done. Is this behavior taught by the church? Will he blame the church for his behavior? I wonder if this is going to cause some men to turn down being a Bishop. I wouldn't want that job. I don't want to hear about the sexual activity of teenagers or adults.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.