Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vulturetamer ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 05:41AM

Just woke up from a very bad dream involving my kids step mom trying to insist that she has parental rights to them, to another nightmare. When I woke up, I checked my email and saw one from my ex. He had scanned a note from the stake presidents wife and sent me a copy. The note was to our 11 year old son, telling him how impressed she was with his testimony, and how she was so moved by the spirit. She went on for a whole cards worth abt how he really understands scripture and that he must have really put himself in nephis place.

My sons testimony stunned everyone silent last week and made the bishopric cry, even. It was about how a story in the bofm made him realize that god will do anything for you if you just ask him and have Faith. Many people in the ward came to him afterward, in tears, thanking him for his testimony.

And now a personal note from the stk presidents wife? This is a woman who I was very good friends with (I know better now), and worked closely with in several capacities over the years. And now, she won't even look at me. She is also serving on our local school board and I am an employee of the district and also a prominent pta officer. We cross paths regularly, yet not even a hello. Yet she finds a way to mail a card to my son at his dads house (granted, my name is not on the roll, nor address on the directory, but she lives around the corner from her house and she knows exactly where I live). The note makes me angry because I do not appreciate other adults contacting my child that way, with a personal note abt how they were moved by his testimony. Why? What would possess someone to do this?!

And grosser yet, dad sends it to me saying, "just thought you might want to see what people think of our son". I feel like saying to him "those same people will be the first ones to shun his valiant soul if he screws up in any way". I'm so upset about this. Am I overreacting? Could it be that its two am I and have been sick and not sleeping well, plus a nightmare. I'm sure this woman meant no harm. But can I make this stop? Especially if she is sending it to dads house who is obviously tbm?

Remember, I go to church, if for no other reason than to keep a finger on the pulse of my childrens' well being and my mother eye on them. This is exactly why I put up with all the social shunning and shame. But theyll obviously go around me to get to my child.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 05:58AM

Your anger is justified. I can think of any number of tart, pithy responses, but in this case I think the best response is no response. Anything further could be used against you.

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 06:01AM

and what you say is true:
"those same people will be the first ones to shun his valiant soul if he screws up in any way"

"But can I make this stop?"
just call this lady or send her an email (or a notecard) and tell her how you feel

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 10:41AM

"Refrain from contacting [child's name here] with provacative & suggestive communications or else civil law-enforcement authorities will become involved."

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 11:05AM

Posted by: wwfsmd ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 11:31AM

They are impressed whenever young ones have 'testimonies' that are strong. In reality, they are like parrots with large vocabularies. And in this case, the lady is using it as a way of injurying YOU.

That being said, anything you do is likely to rebound on you or your son.

Sometimes it is wiser to just keep quiet.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.