Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:04PM

This makes me sick. They believe their god would use these innocent children to get back at the governor of Washington because of her support of legalize same-sex marriage. That is definitely a god I want nothing to do with.

So sad!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/09/10364954-anti-gay-westboro-baptist-church-to-protest-at-slain-powell-boys-funeral?ocid=ansmsnbc11

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 08:53PM

I have to wonder how much of a premium those guys have to pay on the insurance for their church.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 04:08PM

I read an article a while back that the main income for WBC is litigation... by sueing people that attack them on the street while these people "protest".

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 10:19AM

When their insane leader dies, they'll fade into the background. There's very few of them really committed to this insanity. Recently. There was a Virginia Tech police officer's funeral they were going to protest, but the students & surrounding community made a public announcement that they would meet them outside, head-on with sticks and assorted weaponry if the showed up. I believe they did have a little protest far away from the funeral. I guess they're like any other crazy cult: threaten them & they back down pretty quickly.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 09:20PM

That is awesome to hear!!! I am so proud of my home state for doing that. :-D

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 03:49PM

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/10/10374794-anti-gay-westboro-church-cancels-protest-at-powell-sons-funeral

Hmmm... Fred Phelps is 82... Maybe we should start making plans to picket his funeral...

Date: February 10, 2012 09:20PM

Fantastic news. :-D

Posted by: Bob Barker ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 09:02PM

if the media and people on chat boards (like this one) would stop mentioning them they would become irrelevant. Lets give that a try shall we?

Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 09:17PM

It was because of the "media" that he canceled the protest.

Date: February 10, 2012 09:21PM

Thank goodness for the media in this case. Awesome! :-D

Date: February 10, 2012 09:18PM

That church is totally disgusting!!! >:-(

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 10:48PM

Those Westboro Ass*oles just dont know when to stop do they?

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 12:38AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE know that these kooks are a cult and are universally condemned by sane followers of Jesus.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 01:05AM

Also, they are not recognized by the Baptists and there are less than 100 members of the group and they are mostly from one family. They get a lot more press than their numbers warrant.

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 01:36AM

Dirty rotten motherfucking cocksuckers.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 01:49AM

They are all the malodorous products of an overused and quite diseased rectal orifice.

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 03:21AM

WBC is a long-running political scam* by Fred Phelps, a disbarred lawyer, to get back at the people in Kansas City who shut his legal practice down. The trick is, it has morphed from a local scam into a national notoriety building enterprise for Phelps and the WBC. It has utterly failed; people see them as a freak-show and not aggrieved Midwesterners fighting for a version of Christian Taliban living. The Westboro Baptist Church is only the crazies among the Phelps family and the one or two people they were able to convert (because some people need madness and boiling hate to build their lives around, I guess.)

* It's a scam in that it's a hate machine posing as a church, and they ask for donations. Fred used to send obscene faxes to everyone in the Kansas City government, accusing them of being "fags" and "bull dykes"....I think he's trying to browbeat the world into giving him a load of cash or some sort of government position. Thankfully, people are no-longer listening.

Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 08:13AM

Fred Phelps made plans to travel over here to the UK to 'preach'.

Thankfully, the UK Border Agency refused him entry and presented his poison driping onto British soil.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 08:39AM

Posted by: Teddy ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 06:04PM

The funniest of the Westboro Baptist Church was with the crash of that Turkish plane in the Nethherlands, they wanted to come to the Netherlands to disturb some funerals, but all the Dutch passengers had survived the crash. I guess this means God likes legalized prostitution, rather low abortion and bottom relinquishment for adoption rates, from which we conclude that God's Own Church, if extantin the US would have its HQ in Nevada.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 06:48PM

How about when they were counter-demonstrated while at San Diego Comic Con?

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 04:41PM

That was a laugh riot; I caught bits of it on YouTube.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.