Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justbreathe ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 08:57PM

Okay, I saw a topic a while back about how missions destroyed testimonies of those who were strong in the church. They were suggesting France was a big one. Another said it was in direct correlation with how many baptisms took place per month or something. I served in the T.H.E. Mission (Texas, Houston East). Although I haven't completely left the church yet, I began prior to my mission in disbelief about the church, when I found out about JS and polygamy. Needless to say I put my worries aside to serve. I did have tons of success (at least 1 baptism a month) and came across many ministers, deacons, priests, etc. It was my mission that put more "information" into my head that I wanted to know more about, after I served. what are y'alls thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dr B. (Buzzard Bait) ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 11:06PM

There are times in your life that you have to make a choice to follow the leads to truth or to continue in the world of Myth and Lies. It is not an easy road and there is far more truth out there than most of these members of this board even know. So much is said about the LDS church, but to understand the world in context you have to view our whole society and who we are in this society. This world is ruled by liers and those that their God is riches and power. There is no freedom in this world I hate to say. There is a delusional Slavery ruled by the 1% that in reality hold the reins of power $ to be short.

Seeking the truth can set you free once you understand the full context of truth and act upon it. The LDS is part of this delusion as same as the world around us. The more I learn, the more disgusted I get! But you have the choice to live in delusion or to see out the truth in all things. It is your choice and yours alone. I will be 77 this year and I have seen a lot in my lifetime!

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 11:26PM

I served in Utah, and learned a LOT about Mormonism while there. I came across a lot of "anti's" and "apostates" who helped me learn the dirty truths of the religion. Serving there certainly helped me on my way out.

Posted by: mleblanc138 ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 11:28PM

Arund my mission, we had a saying. "The Utah Provo Mission. Ruining member's testmonies since 1989." I guess seeing missionaries break rules is enough to make some people leave the Church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.