Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 10:49PM

even though I suggested you read the stories posted here from others with negative experiences of Mormonism.

You might consider this, or just throw it out, it's up to you.

I raised one set of four children under Mormonism. Here is the result:

1 doesn't speak to me and never will. Is a geologist and has no contact with any siblings but one. Alcoholic

2 dead (drug/alcohol combination)

3 insane

4 alcoholic

Then I raised another set out of Mormonism. Here is the result:

5 Professional photographer/cake decorator, married, two kids.

6 Professional lactation consultant, singer/songwriter, married, two kids.

7 School counselor for middle school. Has two advanced degrees, one from Berkeley. Engaged.

8 College student in accounting. Single

9 College student in Nutrition - studying to be a dietician, married, no children.

All of them are atheists now and the only thing they have all thanked me for is that I left the church and left Utah.

Every person you meet has unique experiences which can benefit you. No one here can convince you that what you are doing is dangerous to the mental health of your children, especially if such an idea threatens your sense of "team" with your wife.

We have many people here who are doing what you are doing for the purpose of keeping their families together. Of course we support them and you in choosing it.

BUT - you shouldn't claim this site is unbalanced. It is a perfectly balanced exmormon site where we share negative information about the Mormon Church to offset the absolute blizzard of one-sided information and lying that members are subjected to.

If you want a balanced view of Mormonism, this is not the place. I paid a terrible price for choosing to be baptized and have every right to tell my story, including the scout abuse you didn't see, the abuse of my children that I did see, and my own exploitation, sexually and financially... "...and I was a Mormon."

I hope that by sharing here I can make some good come out of the worst decision in my life--one that wrecked my life and the lives of the people I loved the most.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to you.

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 01:46PM

I would agree. My kids raised outside of mormonism have faired better than my kids raised inside mormonism.The non mormon kids are still young enough to be at home bUt, their critical thinking skills and problem solving skills are much sharper.

Other differences though are that I was older when I had the youngers (and more life experience myself) and the youngers have had life experiences that have matured them beyond their years (Death of their father at ages 10 and 12).

All in all, I think the church encourages having kids at way to young of an age. I think a lot of kids would fair better just not having early twenty somethings as parents!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2012 01:47PM by ladybug.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.