Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 01:34PM

I was a Primary teacher when they were showing some LDS cartoon where Ammon was wacking off the arms of every enemy who came upon him. It was actually making me sick. The music was rising to a crescendo each time he wacked. I left the Primary room and went into the bathroom I was so troubled.
It didn't make it any easier that I had left two of my children in the room to finish watching that horific "cartoon."

I am sad to say that it took me 12 more years to get the courage to make my exit from the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 02:29PM

But leave, you did! The amount of time it took is really immaterial or should be. It takes alot of courage to make that huge leap and you were courageous to do so! Give yourself a big pat on the back and most importantly, live well and love more! A more abundant life greets us each day we awake and acknowledge that mormonism, with its ball and chain, is no longer shackling our lives! CHEERS!

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:09PM

Ditto freebird!!!!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:18PM

Yeah-- whacking off a guys head on God's order and donning his clothes, killing your child on God's order, sending a nail into the brain of an "enemy" because God told you to do it, screwing your daughter because you were drunk and suffering no penalty, killing every man, woman and child in order to take over their land...

If any of us did any of that with the same excuses, we would be executed or sent to the loony bin.

These are the values our precious Judeo-Christian heritage gives us. No wonder our society is such a mess.

After a while, you realize it's not just Mormonism...

Anagrammy

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:19PM

and think, "Why did it take me so long?" LIke others have said, the whole point is that WE DID make it.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:26PM

Congratulations! We all feel like it took too long, but never underestimate the power of a good brainwashing.

In the end, though, the brain washing was no match for your heart, mind and soul. I am happy for you.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:39PM

That sounds horrible. It seems that one should confront the "priesthood" leaders about showing such violence to young kids. Were the women afraid to do so?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:40PM

I forgot to add....no video of that sort would ever be shown to young kids at my church. Our lessons are about love one another, NOT violence.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:42PM

They preach no R rated movies, then they show that crap to the kids. Makes no sense whatsoever. I had the same thought when I read it in the book. Not a visual i like in my head.I regret reading it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.