Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 04:42PM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 04:45PM

Who wouldn't?

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 05:08PM

How about five filling meals of similac?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 04:52PM

Yea that was one fucked-up fatwa

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 05:16PM

I love finding out my parents didn't choose the most f***ed up religion in the world to raise me in.

Date: February 11, 2012 05:19PM

Can the milk be pumped and serve in a bottle?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 05:27PM

helemon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can the milk be pumped and serve in a bottle?

Apparently not. Breast to mouth only.

Date: February 11, 2012 05:52PM

Because everyone knows when a grown man sucks on a womans breast it destroys all sexual thoughts he would otherwise feel for the woman. hahahahaha

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 05:36PM

This is the Islamic equivalent of the silly Pat Robertson pronouncements. Note that the cleric who originally came up with the idea was promptly fired from is position.

I imagine people in Saudi Arabia reading about Fred Phelps picketing American servicemen funerals and shaking their head about how crazy Americans are.

That said, there's enough crazy stuff going on in Saudi Arabia that we don't need to grab onto this in order to say they are weird.

Date: February 11, 2012 06:32PM

They know that in many places women and men are working together, but they don't like it.

So they introduce what looks like a way to allow men and women to work together which they know will either be impossible to put into practice or would not be countenanced!

Date: February 11, 2012 06:37PM

What? A religion telling people to do something that is impossible to fulfill? Unheard of!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 06:36PM

This is by far not the most far out fatwa to ever come out of a Muslim court. That would be the one a few years ago that discovered that sex with animals was OK, as long as you killed the animal within a few days of the act. That one was from a court in Algeria, if I remember correctly. I'll have to Google it.

Date: February 11, 2012 08:04PM

This is by far not the most far out fatwa to ever come out of a Muslim court. That would be the one a few years ago that discovered that sex with animals was OK, as long as you killed the animal within a few days of the act.

Bloody idiots.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 07:06PM

I wonder if there is some unspoken lust/hostility behind rules like that. When they cover women and make all kinds of chastity rules, weirdly they invent rules that allow access to women.

Consider way back in witch hunt days. There were some odd practices. Women who were accused of being witches had to be checked for devil's marks. This means men got to have an excuse to check out her hidden body intimately. Of course they claimed it wasn't about sex, but I think it was directly related to repressed sexual access.

I'm willing to venture some of the "anointing" done in temples served the same purpose. It gives holy approval to access otherwise forbidden access to women's bodies.

That is what I think is really behind this fatwa. They have a loophole to allow guys to see tits. Just claim it is dangerous to be working closely with a female coworker and it does HER a favor to make her not have to cover herself. Then allow the guy into her bra a few times to prove it is OK. Then everyone is supposed to understand the law has been kept. Pretend it was not sexual.

I can think of a few other example of this kind of behavior. It is common in religion. It stems from men wanting to control women and women being so brainwashed that they buy into the "laws" and reasons for allowing it. The women don't see the sexual/hostility behind these kinds of things because I don't think younger women really understand what testosterone drives people to do. :-)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 07:22PM

I could not forward this fast enough to my daughter who heads up the East Bay Breast Milk Coop. Those mothers will all let down their milk while laughing.

As far as younger women being ignorant of the effects of testosterone, I think those old Mullahs have forgotten what used to get their groove on. Yeah, five "satisfying" nursing sessions will make the man a "relative", therefore, removing sexual interest....what world?

More proof for alternate dimensions existing side by side with ours.

Anagrammy

Date: February 11, 2012 07:40PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 07:55PM

Muslims and mormons need women in the leadership.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 07:58PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.